AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be considered very good, good, and adequate signal strengths on the DirecTV 110 satellite for HD programs?

I just had the Sat C kit installed and tested the signal strength of the 110 satellite on my non-HD DirecTivos and it is considerably lower than my signal strength on the 101 satellite.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I get very strong signals (90+) on the 110 sat with my Mits/Hughes STB, which obviously works great. (So what, eh?) But FYI when my 119 signal was partially blocked by trees, I still got reception on HBO-HD and HDNET at quite low levels:

~12-15 Picture with frequent breakups

~18-22 Pretty stable picture, occasional problems

25+ Perfect

At these very marginal levels, I'd get rain fade pretty easily of course, but it was surprising how little signal I needed for a perfect picture.

I now get 119 at 68-72 since moving my dish and that works great, of course.

I highly reccommend one of those $30 analog signal meters if you're going to tweek your dish for best reception. I just hook it directly to the LNB cable from the sat I am optimizng and can really peak the signal in a couple minutes.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Well, I got it from HeartLandAmerica.com, but it was similar to this that I found with a Google search for analog satellite finder. Cheesy but works fine.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ericlhyman
What would be considered very good, good, and adequate signal strengths on the DirecTV 110 satellite for HD programs?

I just had the Sat C kit installed and tested the signal strength of the 110 satellite on my non-HD DirecTivos and it is considerably lower than my signal strength on the 101 satellite.
87-93 on my set-up (with three 18" dishes).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.