AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not trying to get a flame war going, but I enjoyed reading about the advantages and disadvantages of the ps2 and xbox versions of burnout3.

There are a number of games that I still haven't gotten that are multiconsole, and I don't have the means to test all the versions out before I buy.

So, opinions on Silent Hill 4 please.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately the ign head-to-head are insider (pay subscription only).

By the "answer to me is obvious" I assume you mean xbox is better. Well, Silent Hill has always been a playstation game first and foremost, so I am wondering if the xbox version utilitizes the extra power of the xbox.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'd be inclined to respond with "Neither" as in "stay away from this game". I loved Silent Hill 2 and 3, but 4 isn't too great, in my awesome opinion. From the pics I've seen, they look identical. However I believe the Xbox version has progressive scan and multichannel audio whereas the PS 2 version lacks both of these traits.

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
I don't see a head to head on Silent Hill 4 on IGN. I do remember when they compared Silent Hill 2, ps2 vs. xbox. They said the Xbox had better audio, and "better" graphics. The difference being that on the PS2, you had that "noise" filter, which made it appear like everything was being viewed as if it was an old news reel. You could remove the "noise" filter on the Xbox version, if you wanted, which gave it a cleaner, crisper look.

From what I can remember, that was pretty much the only difference. Most likely it's safe to assume that the Xbox version loads faster, and you don't need a memory stick for saving games.

I hope that helps.

-JR

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.