Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI there folks.

I'm looking for a phone to use in the theatre that has a "Visual" ringer for use when the movie is playing. Sometimes the movie is so loud I can't hear the ringer.

I thought there must be some device that you can place between the phone and the wall.

I've searched the 'net for info but am not finding much. I figured there must be such a thing for those that are hearing impaired.

Anyone else do something similar?

-ed

·
Registered
50 Posts
Try Radio Shack. They used to carry licghts that plug in to the phone jack. I bought one about 2 years ago for my grandmother.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I know how you feel. I have had the cordless phone sitting beside me and not heard it. And that was at normal volumes. Let's ignore the fact that The Last Waltz starts with This Movie Should be Played Loud.

I have a lot of X-10 equipment, so I use a telephone responder to signal my computer when the phone is ringing. The computer runs HCA and when the phone rings an HCA macro runs that flashes the lights in the theater. It works very nicely.

The nice thing about this approach is that it can do just about anything else as well. For example, when the phone rings it turns on a light in the front hall at 50% brightness. Then if I happen to have been outside, I see this when I come in and check the machine for messages. Very handy.

Mike

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate the work!!!!!!!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Nortel makes a combined phone and answering machine which flashes a red light when the phone rings.

Radio Shack sells a battery powered box which can be connected to an existing phone.

Hello Direct sells all kinds of phones and acessories. See www.hellodirect.com

You can also buy devices that display caller ID information on your television. I think www.smarthome.com carries such things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.