AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does someone go about getting that done? I want to get my own personal name on the case instead of the D.Vine name, but I don't know how to go about it. It's not a label. It's either stenciled on or painted with a silkscreen but I'm stuck. I can't find a source for this so I'm asking for help.

Does anybody know an outfit that does this, maybe someone that does it for those case makers like Ahanix or other stereo box makers? I would be much obliged for any help.

·
Registered
142 Posts
You could probably get a shop to do a silkscreen for you but they won't be very excited to do a lot size of one so it will be costly. A better solution might be to have a sign shop cut out a mask from self adheasive vinyl sign material, apply that to your face plate, spray with appropriate color kryon paint, and then remove the mask. A nice finishing touch would be to spray the entire faceplate with a polyurethane with an appropriate finish. (i.e. satin) Most sign shops have computer controlled cutters that can cut any design in in self adheasive vinyl material that you can bring them on a disc.

Good Luck

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
How about printing to an iron-on transfer and then applying it to the case?

I know it would be kind of like a decal rather than silk screened, but from more than 6" away it might do the trick...

-------------------

aw, heck.

I didn't read cohnhead's reply before I posted. I lilke his idea way better.

:)

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
If you look under "Signs" in the yellow pages you will find lots of companies that silkscreen signs. You can take them hand drawn artwork or send them a computer file.

-Glenn

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate the help, guys. I contacted that website shatteredweb.com and they are going to try and help me. Before that I contacted a Silk screener and they said it was possible, but for a one time or two case deal it would be something like $350+ just to print a logo or name on the case.

I prefer silk screen to stickers, but that's just too much money to justify.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.