AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These cables are Catcables Silver Cat's they're replacing the IXOS Ixoticas.

These may seem strange but the silver cables seem to increase the very edges of the spectrum mainly the lowest lows and highest highs.

It seems that there is a small difference I wasn't blown away but the detail of mysystem has increased. The silver cables seemed to be bright sounding at first but the sound is really just different, more crisp. I haven't noticed any type of audible distortion based on the fact that the cables aren't shielded I expected some.

Overall the cables are beautifull and seem to make things a little crisper. I haven't noticed a huge difference in soundstageing but that may be in part due to my lack of room treatments and sub-par speaker wire.

I enjoy these catcables not only the component cables but the silvercats. The clear PVC jacket is SWEEET you can see the silver wire shinning :). Not bad at all, nothing drastic but it has been something noticeable.

Just a little snipet on silver,

N-D

·
Registered
21,357 Posts
Nathan, thanks. Please continue burning in the cables, as I have found burn-in to make a real difference. And let us know in a month or two what you think.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.