AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just mixed this up, ver dark grey with a tinit of green. Does this sound right or should I start over. Was meticulous measuring but then getting the paint off the spoon was difficult, some paint remained on spoon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I threw out the first batch and started over, now it looks brown. Didn't realize this would be that hard to get the mix right. Don't have any Liquitex red left so I may not be painting after all. any help to fix a brown mix?

Should have said I was mkaing double batches, thought that would help with the accuracy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
today was suppose to be about practicing spraying, but, its become a practice in mixing. I added some blue and green to try and correct the brown, still a bit brown.

oh well, this is a practice board until the mirror arrives. I'll have to decide what to do for the real deal when the mirror comes. Was stoked on SF but getting the colors right seems to be out of my reach. rob

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Practice screen is done, used te backside of the backer board for the mirror. Mirror should arrive in a few weeks. Hopefully I can sort the color component by then. Spraying wasn't as tough as I thought it would be. Followed MM's instructions at a bout 1.5 - 2 feet per second, overlap by 60%. First pass used less overlap and showed lines. That overlap is important! Practicing is too, I did two dusters and gtwo regular coats, I was much better by the second regular coat. Hope I don't forget between now and the real deal.

Big thanks to Mississipi Man and PB_Maxxx for their help on a saturday!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.