AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
25,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shown here below is a just completed 92" (darkest version 4.0 ) Silver Fire sprayed on a 92' diagonal LF Mirror. If you note the unpretentious surroundings, you'll accept the stated fact that this screen/PJ combo resides in a little rustic ranch house that sits just across the lake from MississippiMan's Barn Home. It belongs to my "Good 'Ol Boy" neighbor, and was a Christmas present (...not an unwise thing since he owns a small arsenal

The pictures, although the background appears dark, were all taken in considerable ambient light, and the PJ used is a Z4 with zero calibration done, and NO Iris adjustment. To my reckoning, there is almost no adverse attenuation of light happening, so how that will relate to an actual figure representing "gain" is subject to conjecture. But conjecture would lead almost anybody to figure the gain is up and over 1.0 by some margin. Not at all bad for an ambient light application.

This first shot was taken from 15' away and using Full Flash mode. To date, in all my previous experience, never have I seen such an image projected from a 1000 lumen PJ stay up and be noticeable, let alone show color and definition when assaulted by a direct head on Flash.

Here is the same exact frame shot with no Flash.

The catch that sank the patriot's hopes.

The Saint's Coach looking mighty glum......

Ditto the Saint's QB

Bear Feet on a Saint

Waiting to see if a Challenge is upheld (...it wasn't...)

A buncha Bears plotting the demise of the Saints.

All of the above were taken off a HD broadcast, using a Panasonic DMC-TZ1K Digital set to "Auto". The next round of images will be comparison shots, and will replace most of these in this location.

·
Banned
783 Posts
I do not have any scraps left. Mine were only maybe 6 inches wide anyways. Most folks are buying 5X8 sheets and using the whole thing. You may have to go purchase a piece.
The smallest my distributor would sell is 3X5 BTW.

mech

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
25,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
720p Z4 w 98" diagonal /4.0 Silver Fire light Fusion

....bumping this thread because it's a great example of the effectiveness of Light Fusion (mirror application) combined with a very Dark shade of Silver Fire.

At 98" diagonal (48" x 85") even the low light output of a Z4 can produce an excellent image on such a Screen.

I like using, and strongly advocate the use of smooth White Substrates ....and even smooth Walls...of course!!! But when you need the most effective performance, "Mirrored" Light Fusion will always deliver it in spades. New 1080p's with 1600 lumens+ can run on Low Lamp and still have exceptional Ambient light viewing.

In a few areas 60" x 96" Mirror Sheeting (1/8") is available, but mostly Light Fusion is limited to either 98" diagonal examples such as the above....and the 92'er below being serviced by a Epson 8500ub.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.