AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have a silver sensor antenna from Zenith. It's a UHF only antenna. At my zip code 33714, it shows that fox and nbc is VHF. So that means i can't get the fox and nbc with my silver sensor? Do i need two antenna then? And is there a way i can connect 2 antenna into the voom OTA box, or i have to switch antenna each time i wanna watch a specific show? Thanx in advance for your answer.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
At 25 miles, your prospects of developing usable quality channel 7 and 12 DTV signal from a Silver Sensor are pretty poor. Still, you might as well try it first, if you haven't already, before spending any money on a VHF antenna.

You can buy a channel 7-13 antenna for about $40 and combine it with the silver sensor using a UHF/VHF signal joiner, which you can get for anywhere from $3 to about $10. The 7-13 antenna will be too big to set on top of the TV. It is about 33" wide by five or more feet long, depending on the model. At 25 miles, it might work in your attic, if you don't want roof mounting.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Have you tried an old-fashioned set of rabbit ears? Actually 12 would have a reasonably good chance of getting some signal on the SS but 7 is more iffy -- too long o' wavelength for the antenna.

BTW, how IS your reception with the SS, alone? Elevation is everything to reception, and you might consider using a length of RG6 and placing it in your attic. This way you'll be nearly impervious to bodies walking past/near the SS and you'll be set to supplement the SS with a simple VHF ** or ** replace the SS entirely with a combo VHF/UHF antenna --> depending solely on your reception. Don't buy more than you need; instead make the most of what you have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
As Andrew mentioned, try with a set of rabbit ears. it worked for me. i am about 10 -15 miles away from the transmitter...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.