AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just received an e-mail from Clark S. Herman regarding a questionnaire,but Webtv(cheap)won't open the attachment.

Anyone know what this is about?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yeah, I just received one too. I wonder why he send this out?

------------------

CC

·
Registered
210 Posts
Quote:
I guess this must be a requirement of his agreement with Antiference.
Must be. He certainly isn't trying to build customer loyalty by sending un-solicited & un-identified email attachments to everyone. Based on this and his ridiculous ordering procedures, this is the most web-clueless operation I've ever seen. I got this questionnaire and I didn't even order from him.

Dave

·
Registered
8 Posts
I didn't get a questionnaire even though I bought one. Ordering from them is a international purchase for U.S residents, and it went well I thought.

But the antenna doesn't fit my needs, and it is available at a savings to someone else.

[email protected]

·
Registered
136 Posts
It took over 5 weeks to get my antenna from John. Allthough not receiving it for such a long time irritated me, John was very responsive and accomidated me by fedexing another. So I will chaulk it up to a screwed up postal system. BTW, I received the original yesterday ( over 8 weeks ) so He was not deceiving me. It really was lost in the mail!

As far as the silver sensor is concerned, I have it on a rotar, channel master cm7775 preamp with 75" of rg-6 above my house. I am 50 miles from The WTC towers and get every station available. The SS is everything advertised and more. How it will survive outside and for how long is another matter. We'll see!

sat dish on the exterior of my house

·
Registered
540 Posts
gebstr... do you have to rotate the antenna to a different postion for every station? I live in nyc, and have two big antennas on my roof... even with that, I sometimes don't get a station or two... in which case I pull out the 'ol Silver Sensor, plug it into my hd100 and, Bingo... every time. The problem for me, though, is that it is VERY directional... that's why I don't use it as my primary.

Oh... my the way... I didn't get a questionnaire either... but I do think it is an amazing product.

[This message has been edited by lhamp (edited 04-06-2001).]

·
Registered
136 Posts
lhamp, You know, I bought the rotar because I thought I would have to "play" to receive the different channels. I don't move the antenna at all!

I am pointed at 230 degrees and all 5 come in fine. I can rotate from 230 to 300 with no dropouts. You know more than me about this stuff so why does this set-up work? BTW, the panny still is runnin' like a champ and yes,the slowness has sort-of numbed me.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I was asked by Clark Herman of Clark Herman Associates (importer of the Silver Sensor) to post this on the forum:

"To: AVS Forum

Ladies & Gentlemen:

To clarify the reason for the Silver Sensor Antenna questionnaire, I

am trying to zero in on the strengths of the antenna so we can be completely

clear about how much of the DTV market it will cover.

We are working with a lot of possible distributors who will offer,

the Silver Sensor for a variety of applications. Their recommendations

should be based upon an accurate assessment of its strengths. We want to

sell the antenna only to those whom it will benefit, which we believe is a

large majority of the DTV population.

Clark Herman"

KC

·
Registered
105 Posts
Quote:
Origially posted by gebstr83:

It took over 5 weeks to get my antenna from John.
FWIW, I received my Silver Sensor from JohnnyG at NBT in only 10 days (shipped ground to Cincinnati).

------------------

James

DVI/HDCP and DFAST are Pure Concentrated Evil!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.