AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have built a HTPC with the intel DG45FC mini itx board, I am currently using a Thermaltake 1U Server Solution Intel LGA775 heatsink/fan as its the only heatsink/fan combo I can find that will fit within this case. However this fan is very load. Has anyone found a good solution for cooling in this case?

Thanks.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Well, that's a really small case without a lot of options.

I know Arctic Cooling and Coolermaster both have low profile coolers. Coolermasters won't likely be any different than the stock Intel cooler.

Arctic Cooling has a the Freezer7 LP which might fit, but you'd have to measure to be sure.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Well, no fan is quiet unless spinning 1200rpm or below. 70mm fans aren't going to move much air at that speed.

Have you looked at Silverstone line of low-profile coolers? I don't know that they'll cool any better than stock, but at least they're likely to fit.

You could probably contact their sales team and let them know your needs/concerns and they can help you find the best fit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Looks like SilverStone is going to be releasing a low profile heatsink w/ 90mm fan soon for the 775 chipset (SST-NT07-775). Hopefully this will do the trick, only 37mm high so it should have plenty of clearance.

·
Registered
275 Posts
did you ever get the new low profile cpu cooler from silverstone? If so how did it work out for you.

thanks,

dave

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did, I still had heat problems after installing. And there is a soft but noticeable high frequency whine. I believe I will be abandoning this case in the near future. I currently have a 140mm fan sitting on top of the vents on the outside of the case. This provides ample cooling now, but is unsightly.

I don't know if all Motherboards would have the same issue, but the problem is that the vents on the top of the case are not over the location of my CPU. So this case may be a viable option for fanless setups or MBs that have the CPU in a location under the vents.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.