AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I built a home in the Twin Cities which we left the basement unfinished. I decided to build a HT after going through this forum seeing all the very nice setups.

The room will be 16’x11.5’x8’

Construction began in November and has slowed down due to my wife and I having baby girl..

So far I have completed the framing, electrical, Low voltage and stage. I have HAVC being put in on Monday. We will be doing two supplies and one return. I will finish the riser, put up some insulation and run a couple cat5e runs to the rack.

Let me know what you thing and any advise will be great.. Thanks!

I will be running a Lutron spacer system with 2 zones. I will also have a switched outlet for a rope light.

Here is the outline of the room

Space

I am planning on having a 104" screen

Room framed

Stage which is now filled with sand

Riser - I used 2x6s due to city stating the max height of the riser could only be 7.75" once finished.

At framing inspection the inspector said it would not matter.. So I filled it with insulation and put a second layer of 3/4" plywood on top..

The back corner of the room has a sharp angle to it. I built this out and I am having a custom cabinet built for DVD storage.

I had a 2post rack sitting around that I put into one of the walls. I will only have 20 U's showing in the end. This should be nice having the back of the components in the Mech. room. The rack will has its own 20amp circuit.

I wired two outlets into the riser for power recliners. I also wired another 1gang box that will be used for a 1gang light (Pass & Seymour hallway light with sensor TMHWLECC).

I have wired 4 4" recessed lights and 5 sconces

Low voltage is finished. I did run 2" PVC from the projector LV box to the rack.

This is what I am looking to do with the screen wall.

·
Registered
263 Posts
looks like a great space..... nice work so far. are the speakers going to be behind fabric or visible?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the HVAC finished on Monday and the inspection is on Thursday. Once inspection is completed I am going to insulate the rest of the walls and ceilings.

Riser filled with Insulation

Riser capped

Back wall filled with insulation

·
Registered
525 Posts
a few short comments, what was your reasoning for not having sound isolation of any means? those surround locations will be really close to peoples ears. the triangular odd section would make an excellent bass trap. I wish you luck and enjoyment in your theater!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Making some good progress man, keep up the good work. I start frameing this weekend on my build!!, what equipment are you plannng for Pj and Screen? 16:9 or 2:35:1?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.