AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone out there in HT land have any experience with the Sim Audio product line?

appreciate any feedback you might have

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, but only there stereo products. There amps and preamps imho are some of the best products out there especially for the money. The people at sim are also very friendly and great to deal with.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I believe back in the 80's they were called "SIMA" and made power amps and pre amps and were (are?) out of Quebec, Canada. One of my friends back then bought one of their power amps. They went through some restructuring and renamed themselves to SIM audio and polished the look of their products and raised the prices. I'm sure they reworked the electronics too.

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
The Sim Audio Moon series is really oustanding gear sonically, build quality, & looks. The P-5 pre, W-5 amp, Eclipse CD player are also Stereophile A-rated components ( if that means anything to you ).

For my home-office system, I use a Moon I-5 integrated driving Amphion Argon2 speakers -> that little combo blows me away.

- Andy

·
Registered
78 Posts
I use the P-3 preamp in a two channel / HT setup. It is a very good stereo pre and the HT pass through make it easy for my family to use when they want to watch a movie. The build quality is outstanding.

I have auditioned the P-5 and W-5 also. What are you specifically considering?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I have not heard the AV series but I can tell you the p5 pre amp is amazing, built like a tank, excellent quality.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks, I have seen and listened to the Attraction and was impressed, but now I would like to know about overall reliability.

·
Registered
707 Posts
From what I understand the Mooon Attraction is basically an EAD preamp-processor with some additions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.