AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Denon 3800, interlaced component out, gamma settings standard.

Service menu

HB R 126

HB G 96

HB B 91

LB R 59

LB G 63

LB B 60

User menu

Brightness 79

Contrast 44

Color 50

Tint 50

Sh 3

Filter 5

Cinema mode Auto

Video type Normal

Color temperature User, R=G=B=0

Gamma correction Film

Any experience with similar/different values? Results? I have good ones... ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
704 Posts
Have these shipped in the US yet?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess so but I'm not sure!

Here they are in the stores...

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Andrea Manuti
Any experience with similar/different values? Results? I have good ones... ;) ;) ;)
Andrea,

mine are good, too ;)

I have tried to run the D20 from an HTPC with 576x1024 @ 50Hz but this does not look as good as 576x720 @50Hz which is not native yet. @48Hz I get slight tearing. Looks fine at 60Hz.

In any case, it looks very good. The colors are very natural like we are used to with the SIM pjs. At this price point I think the D20 is without competition at the moment.

Regards

Christoph

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Christoph,

I've tried the 1024 x 576 via VGA too, but, as you, got no sync.

I've asked SIM2, and it's something they'll add maybe in days, as I know you know ( ;) , I guess we spoke with the same person... ;) ).

It's the first time that lack of this and DVI didn't bother me: the quality I saw was really impressive! I don't know if the best in its class (I still miss the 5700 and the HT1100), but the family feeling is remarkable and a clear result!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Yep,

let's keep each other updated!

Cheers

Christoph

PS: It's a small world and the HT-world is very tiny (though the screens are bigger).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by clehner
cut...

PS: It's a small world and the HT-world is very tiny (though the screens are bigger).
even if the HT - world is very tiny, there is someone watching you!

Take care! :D

Mandi!

Alberto :cool:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by AlbertoPN
... there is someone watching you!

My words :rolleyes:

Make us proud, Alberto!

Christoph

·
Registered
449 Posts
Andrea,

How does this compare picture wise to the proijectors in your shootout? Can you comment on picture quality? Post some screen shots comparisons?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HEAT,

not ready yey, but I'm working on it... ;)

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
I saw the Sim 20 along with most of the other Mattehorn projectors. To me they have a great picture at a great price. Let me know if anyone has any questions about them

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I had the opportunity to see a demonstration of the Domino 20 last week. It was fed from a Denon DVD-1600 via MIT AVI component cables and MIT AC filter. The screen was a Stewart FireHawk (72" wide). The picture quality was awesome -- bettter in many respects than my HT300+. My projector might look smoother on HD due to its slightly higher resolution, but from six feet or more back and with DVD material, this projector had better contrast and brightness, deeper more saturated colors, and seemed almost 3-dimensional. I can't believe they can deliver this kind of performance at the price. If the XTRA and the LINK are even better (as suggested by their higher cost), it looks like it may be time for me to rollover yet another devalued projector.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.