AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw both these projectors at a Parade of Homes which is a collection of $1.5 million dollar and up homes in Frisco north of Dallas, TX. Two houses had the Seleco and two had the Marantz and accoding to the attendants in the media room, they had been setup by professionals. I got a chance to watch for a while and thought the Marantz was the better of the two. They were displaying movies on DVD. Did not get the specs on the screens. Obviously this was not a side by side comparison.

The Marantz had a great picture and I thought the colors were better. They were both very good pictures but if I bought one I believe I would go with the Marantz assuming they get the kinks out of it.

I currently have a Sony D50Q CRT with line doubler and am looking to upgrade my system. Think I will wait for a year or two though. Not enough difference in the performance to warrant spending $13 or $14 thousand dollars.

For the folks in Dallas, this is a good opportunity to not only see the equipment but also some nicely decorated rooms. Show is in Frisco at the Starwood development off the Dallas North Tollway at Lebanon Street. It runs through Sunday June 2, 2002. I think there were 10 homes. There were also houses with Yamaha DLP and two with Zenith CRT's.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.