AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Although I just bought one, I do not have something close (like the previous model) to compare it against. Having owned CRT (for the last 20 years), I found the black levels disappointing (in a totally dark room). But then I'm a very discerning user.

Not sorry I switched from CRT, just wishing there was an affordable product that was as real as "looking out a window":)

--Larry

·
Registered
779 Posts
I sat through the demonstration at Cedia.

I was in the first row, so take my comments with a grain of stalt.....

I could clearly see the individual pixel's at about 3/4 picture distance from the screen. All of the demo material was played from a HTPC so it was scaled & deinterlaced accordingly.

I found the black level lacking, including the full On/Off contrast ratio as seen in dark scenes. With that said, like many DLP's, the picture was superbright and crystal clear, which seems to appeal to many on these boards.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
orbitzboy

Did you give us your hd2k report from Cedia?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Heh...

You caught me. No, I haven't done it yet. I decided to actually do some work at work (vs. surfing AVS) for the last few weeks.

I've got a 3pm meeting, so I'll do it afterward.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Larry Newcomb
Although I just bought one, I do not have something close (like the previous model) to compare it against. Having owned CRT (for the last 20 years), I found the black levels disappointing (in a totally dark room). But then I'm a very discerning user.

Not sorry I switched from CRT, just wishing there was an affordable product that was as real as "looking out a window":)

--Larry
I recived the projector yesterday so I don`t had alot of time to play with it.

First of all sim2 made a very good thing about noice.This is a very quiet projector u can notice it immediately when u switch the projector on.I have somethink to say about colors. The colors to me where not that good.The green color was stronger on all the other colors.I tried to udjust the colors with the new software that sim2 made especially for these 2 models but I don`t had any result that I wished to obtain.The colors are not natural like the other sim2 model I have owned. The red color was not that red that I like either.

Tonight I will try again to set the colors to see if I get a better result then I obtained yesterday.I will let you know tommorow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.