Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Anyone using a Pany RP82 with their HT200? I have a problem seeing the black bars when calibrating with Avia. Guy Kuo says I have a problem with the Seleco not getting the right voltage from my RP82.

So anyone able to calibrate correctly with this set-up?

tnx

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've read somewhere that sometimes DVD player do not output the correct voltage, but I' don't know if it is the case of yours.

Cheers.

·
Registered
12,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep that's what's happening with my Pany RP82, the output voltage is to low.

Need to know if anyone using this Panasonic also with the HT200, has this voltage problem when trying to read the black bars in Avia?

·
Registered
12,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope, nothing wrong with the Pany RP82 it's the Seleco. It seems the HT200 doesn't like progressive scan through the component inputs. Progressive scan is ok if you use a Iscan pro through the VGA input.

So u know what I mean by doesn't like. With a progressive signal through the component imputs you can't adjust the whites and blacks correctly with Avia. You'll get no moving black bars for the Bright calibration.

Is this just my PJ or do other owners of the HT200 see the same problem. Or am I the only late commer left with an HT200 that uses Avia? ;)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Tom,

I'm using a Skyworth 1050P (Progressive Scan) with my HT200DM thru the component inputs. I don't have Avia but I do have Video Essentials and can adjust the black levels without problem.

Resulting image is wonderful. (Brightness 52, Contrast 49)

Service menu defaults for "Color Temp Calibration" are as follows :

High Bright - Red 36

- Green 32

- Blue 30

Low Bright - Red 34

- Green 32

- Blue 36

If you have VE as well, why not try calibrating using that.

·
Registered
12,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool, thx for posting RGB/bright & Low Brights, I can use the service menu.

Your defaults are alot different than what I saw last time I checked.

I think high red was at the top 40

and high green at the bottom around 15.

All yours are pretty much in the same vacinity.

Very good maybe I can fix the blacks now.

·
Registered
12,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Derek,

When you checked your service menu settings were you set on

YCrCb 32khz?

I noticed when I checked my service settings I happend to have my

source at 15khz, the settings were similar to yours. But when I checked

at he 32khz source the settings were very different, where the Red was

pushed to 40max.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Tom

My service menu settings were on YCrCb 32khz. I do not use interlace at all.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
JVC NX7 Projector, Draper 132" (2.35:1) Techvision XT 1300x, Panasonic DP-UB420, Zidoo Z9x, Zappit
1,615 Posts
Tom & Derek,

If the 200 is anything like the HT-300, the Service Menu settings are different for Interlaced and Progressive inputs. (Thanks for RAN for pointing this out for me).

Good Viewing,

John G

·
Registered
12,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any changes I made to the service code grayscale didn't help.Still no black bars on progressive scan components. Just when I use an Iscan Pro the the VGA input can I get the blacks to set right.

Here's a compromise I'm doing. With the Iscan pro VGA input I ran Avia. When the black levels were right I could see the secondary bars for a 2.35 aspect movie. The inner bars were just a shade lighter and could just be detected.

So now I set the whites with Avia and eyeballed the black setting to match what I saw when setting correctly with the VGA input. Seems ok but it still bothers me. :(

·
Registered
12,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update,

The good people at Sim2 will fix my PJ for free.

What's wrong is it does have the latest update 1.21s, but it has never been back to the factory to install a part which allows the PJ to funtion correctly with any of the updates past 1.15.

Kudos to Seleco for great service on a PJ who's warranty has expired.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Tom,

how do you access the service menu and what was the h/w upgrade that you needed to take advantage of the new software?

Neil.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by NeilH2002
Hi Tom,

how do you access the service menu and what was the h/w upgrade that you needed to take advantage of the new software?

Neil.
Neil,

You have, I think, software version 1.20s which was the latest at the time you bought the machine. Check with Owl to see if there is a newer UK version but I doubt it. You shouldn't need a hardware update as yours is a late machine which came with V1.17.

I think that Tom is refering the setup menu, not the hidden service menu.

Tony.

·
Registered
12,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Neil, My HT200 was bought two years ago. When seleco checked the machines record they saw it was never sent back to the factory for an internal part so that the updates past 1.15 would work. I got my PJ used and previous owners did upgrades not knowing it needed the hardware done by Seleco. I'll bet there's other do it yourself owners out there that didn't know about the part.

The PJ showed update 1.21s, If yours has 1.20s you might call Sim2 and see if you need 1.21s.

·
Registered
12,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
"I have upgrade my HT-200 from 1.10 to 1.20 and I'm amazed I have a much better picture now."

Pls amplifiy on how your picture got better. Was the PJ ever at the shop for the internal part so that all upgrades after 1.15 would work?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Tom,

I got my HT200 when they first came out and I recently updated to v1.20s when I got my new RP82. I've never sent my unit into Seleco for an upgrade and I see the floating black bars using the Avia DVD with progressive into component. I would be very interested in what the HW upgrade involved and if I need to also send my unit in.

David

·
Registered
12,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Robin at Sim2 is the tech who stated that the updates past 1.15 needed an internal hardware upgrade to make the software change work right.

Since you machine is working properly. I wouldn't worry about it. Also alot of the upgrades were to make the unit sync up with different HDTV receivers. The 1.21s was for the Sony STB's, I'd get the 1.20s was the same also. For the Sony's.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Tom

"Pls amplifiy on how your picture got better. Was the PJ ever at the shop for the internal part so that all upgrades after 1.15 would work?"

The internal scaler in the HT-200 suddenly work much better (And I could dump my HTPC) and the color especilly the red got more correct.

Now I use it with Philips 963 DVD (Progressive PAL NTSC farudija DCDi)

And the piture is GREAT!

I don't have AVIA but got the VE! and I'm going check the problem you mention.

And I also bought it used. And I never updated by Seleco

·
Registered
12,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It seems so far the mine was the only one with the crushed out blacks using a progressive player and component inputs. If you're not having a problem with that or using a Sony HDTV receiver you s/b fine.

I hope Sim2 sends it back before Xmas. The HT200 is in a tuff battle with my Z90. I really want to see the HT when it's working right.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.