AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an HT200DM on order, to use with my Denon 2800.

Do any owners of this projector have any advice or tips for me?

Presumably I don't need a scaler as it is a low res projector & my DVD player is progressive scan anyway?

Thanks in advance - Paul

·
Premium Member
16,963 Posts
I do not know if your buidget allows for this but I use this unit with a progressive dvd player and the Isco anamorphic lens. You cant beat the picture. This is a killer projector.

------------------

Alan Gouger

Thanks for supporting AV Science.
www.avscience.com

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Alan -

Does the iSco lens just enlarge the widescreen picture when you're using the projector in 16x9 mode then? Does it have an effect on any pixellation, jaggies too?

Thanks - Paul

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also have the DM on order and would be interested in more iformation on what the lens has to offer in terms of image improvement how it works etc. and where to purchase one. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
I would like to chime in here as well. I have a 200DM on order and will be mounting it about 24' back through a rear wall. I plan on using a 100 inch screen, probably Studiotek 1.3 gain, or possibly Greyhawk.

How would the Isco lense effect my installation? Would it change the throw distance? Increase brightness?

Alan, could you elaborate on just why you recommend it for this projector?

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I have the ISCO and it shortens the throw of the projector. Could be good or bad depending on your situation.

Good news is you get a 33% increase in brightness and resolution. Depending on whether your projector is on axis or not, you could experience some pincushion. I personally find the improvements well worth the price.

------------------

John
My HT Picts

·
Registered
704 Posts
free,

You might want to check your throw distance. The HT200DM is rated 2.4-3.2 x width. If you are doing a 100" 16:9, that's about 87" wide, right. Max throw distance is about 23.2 ft. on this screen with this projector.

I've been looking at this projector also, would like to hear a review from you when you get it set up.

Later,

------------------

Keith S.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Keith, I believe that I am looking at a 96" x 54" screen which would make the maximum throw 25.6 feet. I could adjust the screen to be a little closer to the seating if this is not correct??

·
Registered
319 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan Gouger:
I do not know if your buidget allows for this but I use this unit with a progressive dvd player and the Isco anamorphic lens. You cant beat the picture. This is a killer projector.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan Gouger:

Alan, re the above - I know the 200DM/Isco combintion will be great with DVDs but what about
:

1. Regular (digital) off the air and satellite inputs

2. High Definition off the air and satellite inputs.

3. S video VHS inputs.

Also is the isco a "set and forget" installation or do you have to move the ISCO in and out depending on the input?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

·
Registered
704 Posts
free,

You are correct if your screen is 110". I was just going by the fact you said it was a 100". If it is a Grayhawk, which has been highly recommended for dlp BTW , the measurements are - 49"x87" = 100" diag. 54"x96" = 110" diag.

The only reason I am interested, is I am going through this same thing for my HT. Deciding on screen size, projector, distance, etc. Sounds like we are looking at the same projector and screen. Although I may be talked into the new HT300. Need to consider the price difference. Enjoy your new projector!

Thanks,

------------------

Keith S.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Keith, thanks for pointing this out, I may have to go with the 110" screen if my throw distance turns out to be more than 23 feet.

I am not convinced that the HT300 would be the best choice for me since I watch 90% DVD's and HDTV is still rather scarce with what is available rather poor content.

I figure that by the time that there is a significant amount of interesting programming to watch in HDTV, it will be time to upgrade to a projector with advances beyond the HT300.

It will still be a couple of months before I have everything up and running but I will surely post my impressions on the 200DM when it is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.