AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read that the new (like anything is really "new" in electronics) HT300 has a built in Faroudja DCDi component. I haven't been able to figure out from what I've read whether it also has a Faroudja scaler in it. Does it? If so, is the scaler comparable to the Faroudja NRS, or would it be worth picking one up? (All of you knowledgable Seleco fans, I would appreciate your imput). Thanks!

·
Registered
704 Posts
The scaler in the HT300 is by Pixelworks. It is supposed to be on par with the Faroudja scaler. There were some earlier threads comparing the 2 scalers. If you do a search you might find some more info. But no, I would not spend extra money on the NRS. The Faruodja chips and Pixelworks scaler do a very good job.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
The HT300 has the Faroudja de-interlacer built in. The scaler is a Pixelworks scaler and one of the best in the industry. The Faroudja NRS has a Genesis scaler on board as Faroudja does not make a scaler of its own. In fact, scaling is much easier to do than de-interlacing and Faroudja makes the best de-interlacers in the world. Therefore, you do not need to use the NRS with the HT300 or the Marantz DLP. Hope this helps,

Best Wishes,

Paul H

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.