AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
:) you assumed correct....I think it won't be around until late November in the U.S. then we'll start seeing a review or two.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
I talked to the national sales manager for the US the other day. They are still on track with initial units expected to ship out around the end of November. I have a preliminary spec sheet on the unit. If anyone is interested, please email me and I can send it to you.

Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi guys

I was in Italy last week on a tech. course on the SIM projectors...

The HT300 will not arrive yet - they will use a 16:9 DMD and 6 segment colorwheel - but they have not build any yet - but it will not be long...

Best from Soren - Davis

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
"Did they tell you the Lumen output of the HT 300 while you were there???"

Hi Cain,

the lumen output is a measly 650 lumens...

I was hoping for a lot better than that since I have a rather lit environment which is the reason I haven't even considered the Sharp yet.

:-(

Chris

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Depends on how honest and how nuetral the lumens are.

For those who don't think 700-900 lumens are enough, try the Dalite high power. Trust me when I say that it doesn't hot spot at all despite its 2.8 gain rating.

Also, for a 220 NSH or UHP, I don't think any HT DLP will ever achieve more than 1500 honest lumens until the Archimedes (spelling) color wheel comes out in a couple of years which might push things up to 2000 lumens.

If you have to have more than that amount of light, some form of LCD is the only way to go.

I am looking forward to the Seleco.

-Mr. Wigggles

·
Registered
683 Posts
That was one of the big problems with the HT250 - although the MSRP was $12k many people said it still needed an external scaler. If true I find that totally unacceptable for that price. Let's hope the HT300 will truly be a one box solution, although a very expensive one. Reed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.