AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed recently that when I powerup the projector I get a no signal present when my satellite is turned on. I tried the DVD player and it gave me the same no signal. Everything is connected correctly. I also noticed the remote menus are slow when this occurs.

I finally get the projector to display the signal, but im wondering if this is a normal occurence or if anyone has experienced anything similar?

Andy

·
Registered
322 Posts
Out of the three 300+'s that I have installed in the last month, none of them have done that to my knowledge. It does take a second or so to sync onto the signal but the amount of time it takes for the bulb to warm up it should have easily synced by then. Are you using the same input for both sat and dvd or does this happen on all the inputs?

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the satellite on the s-video input and dvd on the component video input. I tried it 2 times tonight and it syched up both times, but earlier tonight it gave me a problem. I guess ill just keep an eye on it.

Andy

·
Registered
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew P
I have noticed recently that when I powerup the projector I get a no signal present when my satellite is turned on. ...

Andy
FYI: Not a problem here.

Richard
www.auricle.com

·
Registered
JVC NX7 Projector, Draper 132" (2.35:1) Techvision XT 1300x, Panasonic DP-UB420, Zidoo Z9x, Zappit
1,616 Posts
Hi Andy,

By chance to you use the R2 remote input box?

The Sim2 HT-300+ "remembers" your last input and when you power up, it goes to that last input.

Initially I experienced the sympton you described, but then realized that I was "defaulting" to an input that had no active signal.

Sweet picture, no? :)

John G

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im directly connected to the unit. It has been working fine today so maybe it was just a fluke. I am having one last tiny issue (and yes the picture is fabulous).

On my screen (mostly white backgrounds) I watch a lot of hockey. There is a spot on the lower left of the screen. When I do a lens shift the spot remains in the same place (for example: if I lens shift down then the spot is on the top left). Im assuming it is something on the screen, but the screen looks good when I inspected it. It doesnt appear wrinkled either and this spot is only visible if im sitting on the left side of the couch (right now I only sit on the right side haha), but any ideas?

I love this projector!! Now if I can only figure out what is causing this spot on my screen I will be happy.

Andy

·
Registered
JVC NX7 Projector, Draper 132" (2.35:1) Techvision XT 1300x, Panasonic DP-UB420, Zidoo Z9x, Zappit
1,616 Posts
Andy,

Start by checking the lens and making certain that it is clean. Since this is a sealed light engine, it's pretty unlikely that you've got one of those smudges that plagued previous generations of DLP players. However, the fact that the spot is stationary when you shift the lens would appear to point to the screen as the culprit. Sometimes an imperfection on the screen can be hard to see during room light.

On the Menu>Test Patterns, throw up the White screen and see if the spot is still there.

Out of curiousity, what is the source of the hockey games (small dish, big dish, ota, cable?), and how are you feeding that source to the Sim2 (direct from source to projector, via HTPC, etc)?

Good Viewing,

John G

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used the white test pattern and the spot (not sure how else to describe it) is noticeable on the left side of the couch only from the seating distance. If I move right or move closer to the screen the spot is not visible.

I believe there is a tiny imperfection in the screen as well, because I did have a dust spot in my projector (which Sim2 took care of), but that spot moved with the lens shift and this spot remains in the same area even when I use the lens shift.

The source for the hockey is Directv and it is directly connected to the projector.

What do you recommend to clean the lens though?

Thanks,

Andy

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Hello Andrew,

It sure sounds like it's the screen. Whether it is worth "fixing" is something that only you can determine.

To clean the lens of the projector, I use a cleaning cloth and cleaning solution made for 35mm camera's. You should be able to find them at any decent photo store.

So you're running Direct TV straight into the HT-300+, eh? S-video cable? What size screen are you using? I'm asking because my feed from the Dish network doesn't look so hot. While I'm not a hockey fan, I do watch NBA basketball (ESPN) via the Dish Net and the images are blurry. DVD is beautiful (sadly, I have no HDTV :( ).

Good Vieiwng,

John G

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.