Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Has anybody played around with their color temp settings with v2.13 of the firmware? If so, I would be interested how different they were compared to your v2.10 settings.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Hi Sam,

I dont have 2.13 but I do have 2.12v4 which is very similar apparently. I have been experimenting with the colour temp and gamma settings for sometime now. Recently, I feel I've come upon a winning combination. Put it this way, I really am sold on my current settings to the point where I would not want to upgrade to any future software unless a really clear advantage is offered.

For a long while now I have been using the video gamma setting. Initially I started with this and went to medium. It looks good BUT it is slightly too yellow for my taste. So I flicked between User and Medium and managed to capture a balance which kept medium's look but dialed out the overly yellow push. Then I tried Film gamma and this improved the overall colour balance considerably but with a reduction in light output. However, this has NOT been a problem. My image still looks very bright to me. I then re-set the brightness and contrast with AVIA. Here are my current User colour temp settings, and I really cant see myself changing them.

Red +1

Green -1

Blue 0

Gamma Film

My other settings are determined by my HTPC and the HT300 in pixel to pixel mode and would not be helpful to you unless you have an HTPC as well. See what you think.

Best Wishes,

Paul H

·
Registered
908 Posts
Hi Paul. I went to 2.13 and can't see any change from my previous 2.12 version. 2.13 is supposed to be the debugged version of 2.12. It would be interesting to see if you see any changes if you go to 2.13. Of course I have a 300 Plus.

How long did it take you to get use to the film gamma setting. There appears to be a considerable reduction in light output when I switch to film. I don't recall your screen size/type. I'm using a 100" diagonal Firehawk.

Tom

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Hi Tom,

I'm using a 92" wide, 106" diagonal Firehawk and I nestled in with the Film Gamma no problem. It is important to get the brightness properly dialed in so you do not lose any shadow detail. But, after that, I feel Film Gamma gives the best overall colour balance and I don't notice any real light loss. But then again, I'm not from the 'go brighter' school. My main aim is to optimise the quality of the display and brightness comes lower down my list of priorities in this regard. Hope this helps,

Best Wishes,

Paul H

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.