Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have been trying to find info on throw distances for a Sim2 HT300. Their web site has charts for the HT200 and HT250, but nothing for the 300. The projectorcentral throw calculator has entries for the 200 and 250, but nothing for the 300.

Seleco does say that the throw ratio is 1.8 - 2.4:1, but I am not sure exactly what this means. I assume it is refering to a lens to screen distance of 1.8 to 2.4 the screen width. But if this is correct , is it screen width or diagonal? 4:3 or 16:9 (I would assume the latter since it is native 16:9)?

Any help would be much appreciated since I need to figure out where to place power and conduit in the ceiling before the drywall goes up.

Thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
A .pdf User Manual is available.

Drop an e-mail to [email protected] and ask for it or publish your e-mail address in this forum in order to have the .pdf sent to you by a forum member (I think that many HT300 owners are registered in this forum).

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
554 Posts
normally, the throw distance would be expressed as a multiple of screen width....not diagonal. in your example, the lens of your pj should be 1.8X to 2.4X screen-widths away from the screen surface. usually, you don't want either extreme on the zoom.

for example, if you're using a standard 16:9 screen of say 96" x 54", the pj should be positioned such that the lens surface is between 173" and 230" away from the screen.

i'm not sure how you translated a TD of 1.8 to 2.4 into 2.2 to 3.0 times width.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to everyone who replied. I think I have my answer now.

Robster - when I first did the post I put in incorrect throw ratios - I had put in ones for the HT200/250 (2.2-3.0:1). I then edited the post with the correct values of 1.8-2.4:1, but neglected to make the change later in the post. I will edit it again - sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Hi Richard,

The ratio's for the HT300 are 1.75 to 2.4. Minimum is about 13ft 8" from the screen and the max is...well...I'm afraid I havn't worked it out! Anyway hope it is of some limited help. Good luck with your demo's.

Regards,

Paul H

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.