AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could see SIM2 HT300 at SatExpo in Vicenza (it was still a prototype) and Sharp 9000 at SMAU in Milan.

My opinion is that HT300 colors are better.

Has any of you seen both?

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Welcome to the AVS Forum..

When did you see the HT300?? Was it bright enough??

What type of screen were they using to demo it on???

We know lots about the Sharp and nothing about the HT300.

-- Cain

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Mark, no the chip is the same rez as the Sharp, it is the 1280x720 HD-1 DMD chip from Texas Instruments.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are using the same DMD (HD-1). I've read that HT300 will have Faroudja deinterlacer and video enhancer and I suppose it will use Pixelworks image processor (SIM2 is using PW164 in their HT200 and 250, but they may have moved to the newer and more powerful PW365).

To my opinion HT300 is bright enough ( ... I don't like light 'cannons' :) ).

I also like HT300 elegant look: 9000 is too large and its case has the ordinary colour PC used to have years ago...

However, HT300 will be more expensive, as someone wrote in this forum.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Seriously, what screen material, gain, and width were they showing on...and how good was ambient light control?

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
I was experimenting with the Sharp 9000 today using the Sharp fed 480i vs fed 480p fed by an expensive DVD machine with both Faroudja chips. I preferred the Sharp fed 480i. The reds were blotchy with the Faroudja and there was 0.15 blue chroma delay. The reds and greens were very close to having no delay. The internal sharp processor is very good.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Quote:
The internal sharp processor is very good.
From having read all the comments on the forum seems the Sharp XV-Z9000 scaler is great. Even Don Stewart mentioned in his impressions about the Sharp XV-Z9000 that it is the best internal scaler he has ever seen-

Quote:
This single chip dlp projector is actually a little brighter than other dlp projectors we have tested. The contrast ratios are exceptional for a digital display device. I also found the menu was well designed and easy to navigate. The projector's internal scaler produces an extremely smooth image. In fact, I would say itÃs the best onboard scaler I have seen to date.This unit is truly plug and play.
Good news indeed :)

Spero D.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cain and Jeff:

I saw the HT300 at the beginning of October in Vicenza. I did not pay much attention to the screen they were using so I can't tell anything useful... :(

They were also showing a nice CRT projector (the 800)...

In Milan (end of October) SIM2 was showing their Large Venue products: a 2200 ansi lumen LCD projector, and two DLP videowalls (with 40something and 50something inch - 4:3 aspect ratio elements).

Unfortunately there the HT300 wasn't there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.