AVS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The vpr sim2 ht380(and 3000E) have a software live color management, but which chosen it is the best one for the dvd-hd and bluray?

option 1) native - option 2) (white) downs?

option 1) hdtv - option 2) (white) d65?

or which chosen used?

Andrea, by by.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Typically for HD I would recommend HDTV for the colors and D65 for the color temp...but they are not perfect out of the box and genreally require some adjustments.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but what's the correct way to adjust colors - via service menu gain/offsets or using the PC CMS software?

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
No its not out

I'll PM you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The CMS software is a product of the SIM2?

But for the d65 "some adjustments Jason Turk it writes", it is used the point white personal (option 3)?

Andrea

·
Registered
5,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzerxxx /forum/post/12931294

Cold

Any idea what the issue is as I thought this was due to ship last year ?

D

Its actually being 100% rewritten specifically for the single chip machines. Lessons learned on the 3 chip version have led to some improvements.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldmachine /forum/post/12938352

Its actually being 100% rewritten specifically for the single chip machines. Lessons learned on the 3 chip version have led to some improvements.

Thanks.

I spent a few hours watching a new 3000e earlier today. Do you know why the HT380 has an enhanced contrast setting (I can't recall the exact menu item name but I think it's on the color menu) and the 3000e doesn't ?

D

·
Registered
5,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzerxxx /forum/post/12938541

Thanks.

I spent a few hours watching a new 3000e earlier today. Do you know why the HT380 has an enhanced contrast setting (I can't recall the exact menu item name but I think it's on the color menu) and the 3000e doesn't ?

D

It may be fw versions. That setting, Ultra Contrast and the Best Color are the biasing waveforms for unishape that replace the TI basic ones. Its one of the 4 sources that make up the modulation matrix. I'd need too look at the menus to see why there are differences. These machines have had a good number of u/dates.

The best color option really works well. I think it was Bob Sorel that noted that the color linearity was good but when that option was selected it was virtually perfect. It allows PJ companies with in house software expertise to better tailor their machines to specific apps

How did you find the 3000e?

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
I saw a HT3000e today on a Firehawk screen and was VERY impressed. One of the best images I've ever seen.

Saw it immediately following an RS2 (with the same program material) and it was amazing seeing how 3D the image became when switching projectors.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldmachine /forum/post/12938352

Some improvements would be nice. Spent some time playing with it today and while I'm grateful to have it (hey look, I can turn my Sim into an RS1...), the software is bare bones (you can't save any settings for example).

Not complaining, just wishing for more. :)

Coldmachine, do you know if you can save separate color settings to different memories? I haven't tried but I am guessing not...

·
Registered
1,554 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldmachine /forum/post/12938784

How did you find the 3000e?

This is the second "e" I've spent a few hours viewing. The first was a Sim2 (T1) demo unit but this was a brand new unit with T2. I had issues with the first unit due to RBE but with the latest unit I didn't notice any RBE at 60hz but some at 48hz. It was a shame that the PJ was let down by the room and I didn't see it at its full pontential. I also managed some time with the Marantz 11S1 earlier in the week in a pretty good room and that produced a very fine image on the smaller screen being used.

D

·
Registered
5,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Currie /forum/post/12941331

Some improvements would be nice. Spent some time playing with it today and while I'm grateful to have it (hey look, I can turn my Sim into an RS1...), the software is bare bones (you can't save any settings for example).

Not complaining, just wishing for more. :)

Coldmachine, do you know if you can save separate color settings to different memories? I haven't tried but I am guessing not...

Bare bones.....are you joking? I had an industry colorist raving about it so much on recent testing he's ordering an HT5000. I've easily achieved 100% accuracy on the 2 machines i used it on

Its direct application of EBU and Rec709 and other color spaces. It works real time and loads direct via Apply Data. All settings can be saved with infinite memories. Native and desired gamut display with real time gaphing.

You've got x,y, gain and offsets for primaries AND secondaries.

Extensive white point adjustment including all standards preset.

What test equipment were you using?

Per memory profiles will be made available.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts