AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHoyaFan /forum/post/20898075

Single chip with Alphapath and DB. Looks like lots of stuff from the Lumis platform!

http://www.twice.com/article/473194-...FT_PJ_Line.php

http://www.cinematr.fi/sim2_nero_preliminary.pdf

I wonder how their 2.35 mode is generated...Lens memory or re-scaling of the image. This is being to rival soon to be released Digital projection's dVsion scope projector. Looks like with the lens & 3D options could easily take the price closer to 30k.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Looks great, if they're properly priced and don't jump from $20k for the entry model to $30k for the 3D-2. Essentially a 1-chip Lumis. Hopefully they've worked on RBE, if that's not visible and the lens has little or no CA (unlike the Mico which is hit or miss), they have winner. At least it eliminates the convergence problems in the Lumis series.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
These models start at $19995 and then go up in price, from a Twice Article. Wow. Just when I tthought I might have found a replacement for my Marantz VP series, Sim2 price it out of the Stratosphere

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Mark I remember when the HT380, still listed as a current model? on the Sim2 site, launched at $13,000 (and that was in their HT series). Fast forward 4 years and now the Sim2 Nero line (which I'm putting as their HT line replacement) now starts at 65% more?

Does Porsche or Merecedes put up their pricing by 65% over the course of 4 years as well as their features get better, and technology trickle down from above, on a similar line?

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Thats 4 years I'm referring to and not 40 years
I understand some things gradually get more expensive over time, but over the course of 4 years to have an equivalent positioned line increase by 65% seems excessive to me. But that's just me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.