AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Scott Horton, techht.com
5,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am deeply saddened to say that I just learned Sim2's Alan Roser has passed away. I don't have any details other than a post on Sim2's Facebook page. Many of us knew Alan, for those of you who didn't, he was the English accented guy who usually did the demos in the Sim2 booth at the shows. Alan was the Managing Director of Sim2 UK. Alan was one of the first people I knew in the AV business world and a very good friend. He was always the very best to deal with on a business level as well as being a wonderful person to hang around with. I'll miss him very much. Warmest wishes to his family in the UK.

Scott

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
I only knew him from here. The few shows I saw Sim2 demonstrate at the practicalities were handled by Sim2s German rep. and sometimes the Italians themselves. Did meet a younger English fellow in Sim2's dark demo room at ISE a few years ago that worked for the English representative company for both Sim2 and Black Diamond Screens, but that wasn't him.

Sorry to hear he passed away, regardless of age, and I assume he was still fairly young, death always comes too soon for family and friends.

My regards and condoleances to all who are close to him.

·
Premium Member
5,201 Posts
This is indeed very sad, I worked with Alan Roser when I purchased my HT5000, he was a true gentleman

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Wow, I came to know very well Alan from the cedia demoes in 2009 and 2010 that we used to spend quite a bit of time, a gentleman and very knowledgeable true enthusiast, it's a sad day indeed.

·
Registered
21,356 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear about Alan having passed away. He was a really nice guy. I had him as a Special Guest at the AVS Special Guest forum back in the early 2000s.
And I last talked to him back in 2008 when I purchased my "still standing" and being used Sim2 C3X 1080p 3 chip DLP projector. He will be missed.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Agree with all of those comments. Alan was a dedicated enthusiast, and very helpful friend. Like others here, my interactions with Alan were both business and personal. Very sad, he will most certainly be missed.

Jim

·
Scott Horton, techht.com
5,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I spoke with one of his guys from his other company, Anthem AV in the UK. He sent me this:

It is with great sadness that we write to inform you that Alan Roser, founder and MD of Anthem AV Solutions passed away last week after a short battle with cancer aged 53.

Alan leaves behind not only a loving devoted wife, Sally, but a very dedicated and experienced team of people at Anthem AVS that he affectionately referred to as 'his family'. With over 20+ years in the industry, he will be greatly missed for his warm sense of humour and in-depth technical knowledge of the AV and Projector business.

As per Alan's wishes, Anthem AV Solutions will continue with a new management team (more about this in the coming days). The business starts the new 2015/16 financial year in great shape and remains fully committed to the brands that it distributes, along with its very loyal dealer/installer customer base.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I had the priviledge of knowing Alan for the last 20 years. He had such a passion for projectors and home theater both at work and home.
His in-depth knowledge of the business was second to none and he was always generous to share this knowledge with anyone that shared his enthusiasm. He will be sorely missed by so many on both sides of the pond.

Reactions: GetGray

·
Registered
6,434 Posts
I only found out the bad news last week on the UK forum, and was deeply saddened by it.

I was lucky enough to have met Alan numerous times via RTFMs business and at shows, and as many have said, found him to be e very knowledgeable and friendly guy. A terrible loss at such a young age.

Gary

Reactions: GetGray
1 - 12 of 12 Posts