Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm thinking of getting either one of these amps to power my dynaudio contour 1.3SE I would like to know what is the better of the two, I can get the CJ about 500$ cheaper both used that is; the last time I asked about sunfire amps I really dint get many replies I guess it just ain't too common with users on this forum, then when I looked around at other sites no one had much nice to say about them. (Sunfire Symphonic Stereo)

I'm looking for a warm tube like sound with good bass, I would have loved to go with a tube amp but I guess nothing in my budget will drive the dyns.

Thanks,

satyam

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
I have no experience with the CJ amps.

I would not describe a W-5 as warm and tube-like. I find it neutral & "boring" ... in a good way. Bass and control is excellent, and it will play much "bigger" than its 2x190 rating. I have a Sim Titan 7-channel, which is like having three and a half W-5's under one roof -> and yes I love it :)

- Andy

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi andy,

Thanks for your reply, as for the sound of the W5 well you can check the website www.simaudio.com and they themselves claim to have a tube-like sound and when I say I'm looking for tube like sound I don't mean that I want the highs to be rolled off at the cost of detail but rather something more liquid and involving and relaxed smoother mid-range.

Satyam

PS: Anyone have any clue about the CJ watt spec at 4Ohm's, the manual or website doesn't mention anything about it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The CJ is a very warm and liquid sounding amp. It is the smoothest amp I have heard.

Paul

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Paul,

Do you know how many watts does the MF2500 put out at 4Ohm's??

Satyam

·
Registered
34 Posts
I don't know. I have Revel speakers which are 6 ohm's and the 2500 pushes them with no problem.

Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.