Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have been looking for a scaler for quite some time now and narrowed down the choices to the following:

1. Lumagen HDP

2. Iscan HD or HD+

3. Crystalio

As you all know the Lumagens are still in beta but was told by the dealer they will be out of beta end of Oct. I hope they are. I have read quite a few threads about the above scalers and the Crystalio seems to be the best performer for all sources but then again there is a price difference ofcourse. I know the Iscan and Lumagen should be same as the Crystalio on DVD sources but then again the dvds are already quite good to begin with so i want improvemnet on all sources DVDs, Broadband TV and Svideo sources which i think Crystalio is quite good at.

By the way, I have just been offered pricing from a dealer here for the Simmerty DVP by Immersive. I have read some where here that the initial price was US$9k but it is alot cheaper than that? Is it alreay available? Anyone knows how it will perform comparing to the above scalers. It is also using Faroudja deinterlacing and it has alot of other things in it. Will it be as flexible as the Iscan HD or Lumagen HDP functions wise?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.