AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have run the video essentials CD through both PowerDVD (it's the only I can get to work currently) and my PS2. On movies that use a "real world" color palette (i.e. movies that show normal scenery, etc) it looks in focus to me via the projector (it's an SVGA LCD).

However, for animations (Shrek, for instance), the color seems to unfocus the picture. On the DVD for Crouching Tiger's tree scene, there seems to be some color bleed as well. For the PS2 it seems to be doing the same thing for games with substantial whites, but other games look fine and in focus.

I realize that it is likely that it my projector could be the limiting factor here, but some DVDs look really good. My fiancee is telling me it's my eyes, which could definitely be the case. For movies with a more muted color, it looks a lot better and clearer.

Is there a color adjustment I've messed up somewhere? I've tried to turn the color settings lower, but this doesn't look natural at all and washes out the normally good DVDs. In dscaler, should I have some video flags checked/unchecked to help with this?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.