AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a Epson HC 2000, and trying to figure out a very simple and affordable way of having a nice screen for it.

My thought was to pick up a 60x96 piece of Wilsonart laminate, and a 71x126 sheet of Carl's Place Pro Gray material. Trim it to 60in, then fold the over lap around length sides of the laminate.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_239103-466-D354-60-60X096-000_1z10we4+1z116l9+4294735648__?productId=3492063&Ns=p_product_price|0&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNs%3Dp_product_price%7C0%26page%3D2&facetInfo=White|Wilsonart

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DZRSFFC/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=ZZQACAM6Q1TZ&coliid=I2TI1DCMT5RMUG

Thinking spray glue, lightly applied, should work for holding it together? Then screw the sides/top/bottom directly in to the wall, and cover those edges with 2-3" black velvet tape.

Any reason why this wouldn't work? Want a perfectly flat screen with no waves (wall is flat from what I can tell, just dirty/ugly color, and I have 0 painting skills). Only concern I can think of is if I ever have to move it, would the material be ruined from the glue if rolled up still attached to the laminate? The description for the material says its stiff, and hangs nice and flat without tension. Would that mean I don't need glue at all, or possibly, dont need the solid piece behind it (the laminate) to keep waves out?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Considering how light laminate i, it will be best to glue the material to the surface. just make sure you cut the material perfectly so there is zero tension on the laminate to prevent it from bending. lay your laminate perfectly flat, then apply your adhesive over the entire surface then just lay the material over it. using a credit card or something equally flat and stiff, work your way pressing and flattening the fabric from the centre out.

do all that right and use a strong enough adhesive, and you will not have waves.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts