Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two pretty easy Powerstrip questions, actually:

First off, running a newest PS, ATI 9000 Pro, Sony KV-32HS500.

1. The best resolution I've found so far is 960x500. My problem is that it's offset to the left. If I use the arrows in Advanced Timing Options to attempt to recenter, it does. Then it clicks back to being offset. Then back to center... Why won't it hold to center and can that be corrected?

(This problem is a minor inconvenience at most, I'm willing to just live with it, but if it can be fixed easily, then I might as well.)

2. I have very slight overscan on the bottom of the screen. The top of the screen lines up perfectly. The taskbar is cut off by about 15 pixels (and that's probably an overestimate). When I try a custom resolution that's 960x490, my horizontal scanrate is down around 31 when I get the vertical to near 60. How do I fix this? I read that the horizontal resolution "doesn't matter", but I'm not sure I understand.

I really appreciate all the help you've been giving this newbie. I wouldn't be where I am today with this without your support :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
^bump^

·
Registered
645 Posts
1. PowerStrip has a fairly robust undo feature for your protection. If you make a screen adjustment, and don't hit Ok or Apply within 20 (?) seconds, it will assume the monitor has gone out of sync and undo the changes you made.

2. The H. scan frequency will change if you change the *total* number of pixels in the scan line. Use the "lock total geometry" option when you create the resolution. If you keep the total number of pixels constant, you can change the number of active pixels - what Windows actually uses for the screen "resolution" - w/o affecting the scan frequency.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a bunch! I've got to get some sleep, but this evening, when I wake up, this'll be the first thing I do. I can't wait! Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DUDE! It's absolutely PERFECT! Thanks alot, to everyone who has helped me, but a big thanks to you, Ashley. This looks primo. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.