AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dedicated home theater that currently has a Denon 2309CI receiver. I am running a 7.1 system.

I recently upgraded my speakers to Clearwave Dynamic 4T and 4CC. It is a kit I built.

Here is a photo of the front 3

I am not unhappy with how the receiver sounds but I can't help wonder if I fed them "more" clean power would I get better dynamics and would the sound be better on intense action scenes?

Unfortunately the 2309 does not have pre outs.

I have a control 4 remote system, all of my components are not in the theater room. Anything I add has to be compatible with it. I believe only obscure things would not be compatible.

If I am going to do an upgrade I want to do it once. I think a true 200 watts at 8 ohms will fill my needs now and into the future.

My choices appear to be a Receiver with pre outs and an external amp from 3 to 7 channels. Or a processor and a 7 channel Amp.

I do not need other zones, I have a whole house audio system. I only drive 1 monitor in the HT. I have limited sources and they are all HDMI. Some of the things on the market are extreme overkill for my needs.

The budget is as low as I can go and maintain quality.

It is appealing to go with Denon because I believe I could plug and play it with my remote system. Then Outlaw and Emotiva Amps look appealing but there is so much out there I am looking for some input.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After looking around I found a reasonable solution.

Get a new Denon 3310 receiver for $750 this is one model old and a Emotiva XPA-3 for $529. That's $1,279. Total.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t6902wf

Get a new Denon 3310 receiver for $750 this is one model old and a Emotiva XPA-3 for $529. That's $1,279. Total.
You're a little late on the denon. It was 540 on Amazon a couple weeks ago. I would wait and see what happens because it might drop down again. I hate to see you spend 200 more. I got mine pretty cheap and I love it. Its a great receiver. I also thought about and xpa 3 but I really think the denon has enough power for me. I might try one out next year. Keep a look out on Amazon and you might be able to find a 3310 for under 600 again. I wouldn't get it at 750. You could probably find a 3311 for around that price and it has the audyssey MultiEQ XT. That might give you a little better sound quality.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpearce023
You're a little late on the denon. It was 540 on Amazon a couple weeks ago. I would wait and see what happens because it might drop down again. I hate to see you spend 200 more. I got mine pretty cheap and I love it. Its a great receiver. I also thought about and xpa 3 but I really think the denon has enough power for me. I might try one out next year. Keep a look out on Amazon and you might be able to find a 3310 for under 600 again. I wouldn't get it at 750. You could probably find a 3311 for around that price and it has the audyssey MultiEQ XT. That might give you a little better sound quality.
Thanks for the reply. I thought the 3310 had Multieq XT?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
7,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by t6902wf /forum/post/19568780

Thanks,

In the convience section it says it comes with XT?

I am not a huge Audyssey fan in any event it kills my bass.

http://usa.denon.com/us/Product/Page...a-0c0025efa946

Your current AVr also has Audyssey doesn't it? To get away from Audyssey you are going to have to go with a different brand processor or AVR. Pioneer(MCACC). Yamaha (YPAO). Of course there is the new Anthems that use a different one also. Denon,Onkyo,Integra,NAD,and Marantz all use Audyssey. You may want to look at one of the Yamaha's or Pioneers and set your sub up with the Radio Shack meter. Just some other options. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't need to get away from it, I just do not use it.

I use a Behringer Feedback Destroyer to EQ my sub.

The Sub is a Danley DTS-10, it is behind the front wall.

The grate on the right hand side is the mouth to the horn.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by t6902wf /forum/post/19568780

Thanks,

In the convience section it says it comes with XT?

I am not a huge Audyssey fan in any event it kills my bass.

http://usa.denon.com/us/Product/Page...a-0c0025efa946

It has a bunch of features listed but only the ones with a check mark are included. There is no check mark next to the Multi Eq XT. I'm not saying you shouldn't get 3310 because it's a great receiver. I think the Amazon warehouse deals also come with a warranty so you could get a used one from Amazon for less that 500. I just hate to see you spend 750 when it was 200 less a couple weeks ago. It might go back down though.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks I will keep an eye out. I am happy with my 2309CI but it does not have pre outs! Should have spent the extra money when I first bought it!

·
Premium Member
93,219 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by t6902wf /forum/post/19568580

Call around to the Best Buy/Magnolia's in your area. One guy got one for $400 on clearance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts