AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question is for the Paradigm aficionados out there. I have upgraded my dinky pioneer 5.1 speakers to the following speakers.

Paradigm Monitor Center 1 v.7 for C

Paradigm Atom Monitor v.7 for L/R

Paradigm Seismic 10 for sub.

Kept the really crappy Pioneer satellites for surrounds. (Not too sure on the exact model number).

I just found an ad for used Paradigm Micro v.3's online, and would really like to upgrade my surrounds. (I plan on getting Monitor 7 Towers for the front and moving the Atoms to the back, but until then these would really finish off my system nicely). I noticed that the Micro's are a discontinued speaker.

Did the Atom's replace the Micro line? Are they very much the same or different? How will the sound compare from my Atom v.7 and the Micro v.3? I know that the surround speakers don't have to match the front speakers, but I'm just wanting to know for my personal interest.

I'll be checking them out tonight, and will probably end up getting them since he is offering me a great deal on them.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Micros were a model below the ATom. The drivers in the model you are referring to are different than the current Atoms. They do sound different, but not sure if it will matter much to you as surrounds given an exceptional price...

B.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts