AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about buying a DST-3000, and I just noticed that it has a RF output jack. Does this output jack still work even when the STB is set to 1080i mode? I know the composite and s-video jacks don't work in 1080i mode -- but I never heard whether or not the RF output jack mentioned in this case.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
No the RF output doesn't work either in 1080i mode. To my knowledge, only the upcoming Zenith DTV1080 will simultaneously output 480i and 1080i.

Andrew

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Darn.

FYI, that upcoming Zenith will ONLY output on both (componenet & composite/Svideo) outputs when 480i is selected -- but not when 1080i is selected! Which doesn't help my situation much...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don't go by the Zenith website for specifications on that box. I have heard from numerous other sources that it will output (simultaneously) on the different formats, regardless what the initial specs. have said.

Scott

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Sjsleuth:
Don't go by the Zenith website for specifications on that box. I have heard from numerous other sources that it will output (simultaneously) on the different formats, regardless what the initial specs. have said.
Care to elaborate on your "numerous other sources"?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.