AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

If i have 3 x 45 minute presentations to make in 3 hrs with 15 minute intervals. Would it be better for the bulb if i keep the PJ on for the entire 3 hrs and finally power down once for the day. Or is it better for the PJ and bulb to switch off during the 15 minute breaks between each 45 min presentation ?

Because i read somewhere that each time we switch off/on the PJ, the lamp loses an equivalent of approx 1 hr of its life.

Some suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
I know it would be better on the bulb to leave it on. As far as the rest of the PJ being able to take the heat, it should be able too....If it is any decently designed PJ it will...

Also, if your ambient temperature in the room is decent then it should perform that much better.

PJ bulbs are like nearly all types of electronics, almost anything electronic likes to stay on constantly rather then being switched on and off...its the initial startup surge in electronics that really wears them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.