AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) Does the DISH 6000 have a modulated RF output? If so, is it only active when in SD mode (like the S-video and composite outputs)?

2) Does the DISH 6000 have seamless integration of local (HD and SD) channels? If so, do you get any info in the program guide for these channels?

·
Registered
96 Posts
1) No. It has S-Video and Composite (Only active in SD Mode).

2) Yes, it is seamless. No, there is no program information on DTV OTA Channes (I belived it is the responsability of the Broadcasters to use PSIP).

Bill

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Barista:
1) No. It has S-Video and Composite (Only active in SD Mode).
Someone at the www.***************.com just told me the DISH 6000 does have a modulated RF output! Do you have the OTA HD (8vsb) module? Maybe the RF output is part of that module...

·
Registered
979 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by STL:
Someone at the www.***************.com just told me the DISH 6000 does have a modulated RF output
Sorry. Find a new rumor source. The 6000 does not have an RF modulated output.

--Gerald C

------------------
STOP DVI/HDCP!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Barista:
Why would you want to view a HD source in modulater RF?

Buy a RF modulator from Radio Shack if you need it.
I don't want to view a HD source in modulated RF! I want to watch HD on my MIts 55807, but sometimes I'll want to watch other SD channels on other TVs in my house. Currently I have a single DISH 4000 rec'r hooked up to 4 televisions in my house -- since it's just my wife and I, we really don't need multiple rec'rs. I wanted to replace the 4000 with a 6000 and I was hoping the 6000 would have a RF output that was active all the time because I don't want to have to remember to switch the 6000 rec'r between SD and HD depending on which set I'm watching (compared to which one I watched last). Oh well...

[This message has been edited by STL (edited 08-13-2001).]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by STL:
I wanted to replace the 4000 with a 6000 and I was hoping the 6000 would have a RF output that was active all the time because I don't want to have to remember to switch the 6000 rec'r between SD and HD depending on which set I'm watching (compared to which one I watched last). Oh well...
I have the 6000 and I use it with multiple TVs. For the alternate TV, I purchased a cheap RF modulaltor from Fry's and use the 6000's RF output. To control it, I purchased an extra 6000 remote and use it as the only remote for the alternate TV. I can change from SD to HD by pressing one button on the remote, so it's not much of an inconvenience.

It works great!

------------------

Remove nospam and reply to [email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.