AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've downloaded WMP 9 and the "Coral Reef" and "T2" clips. They look great but WMP 9 seems to always maintain the aspect ratio, and that is a problem.

My projector always has the Panamorph anamorphic lens in front of it, so for DVDs with PowerDVD I use YXY to stretch the image vertically before it gets to the projector.

Isn't there some way to do that stretch for WMP 9 ? YXY and "Full Screen" have no effect on the height of the image -- I just get bigger black bars top and bottom.

I was expecting to decide on an HDTV card soon and then re-encode stuff as WM9 to save disk space. I'm sure I must just be missing something simple in Windows Media Player. It can't be impossible to achieve this stretch on playback, can it ?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Use Zoom Player or Media Player Classic instead. They have better aspect ratio controls, and play WM9 better than WMP9 itself. =)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Zoomplayer is great for self-encoded stuff but does not do DRM...

Is there any way to play Coral Reef Adventure, and other similar discs?

It hard to believe MS has left out such basic (specially if you have a Panamorph) functionality.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I just downloaded the Coral Reef clip and it plays fine in Windows Media Player Classic as already mentioned (and it's free, unline Zoom Player). I have more than adequet control over aspect ratio and such when using Media Player Classic.

MPC is WMP without all the bloat, it's a simple, clean, powerful media player, and it does it without bloat or getting in my way. And it's an open source SF.net project. It doesn't get any better.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
The CLIP is not all DRM'd up like the actual DVD is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.