AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Denon 2805, with Zone2 running to a set of in-walls upstairs.

I would like a minimalist IR target/repeater setup that is only...

1) an IR target in the upstairs room, ideally with confirm/ talkback LED, ideally wallplate form-factor

2) whatever interface (if any) needed to plug this IR target into the "remote in" jack on the 2805

3) an IR emitter to hang off the "remote out" jack on the 2805 to feed the CD player that is normally used upstairs . (interface needed here, or does emitter plug direct into remote out?)

(Extra points if the IR emitter "out" from the denon would also send received IR signals into the Denon box directly out to the CD, as it's remote window is kind of hidden in the rack.)

Can anyone point me to specific parts and/or kits (partsExpress, etc.) that would do the trick here. I would normally trial-and-error this, but we have a baby on the way and I just don't have time to slowly poke my way through this as an ongoing project.

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
28 Posts
Denon themselves have an Ir system, that works off of any 2 wire. The interface has a large IR blaster that should control your cd player or anything in your rack. If not you can attach seperate emitters. I have used this system many times in the past. I do not believe the wall plate IR receiver has any feedback though. Xantech has many many products of this sort. I have always used "dinky links attached to Tv's as this is the most natural place to point a remote for most people. The wall plate IR receivers are usually quite ugly if they have a flash that tells you it is receiving IR. hope this helps probably cost of $100-150

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.