AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Experts -

Long story, but I just uncovered that my condo has been prewired for 2 zone audio (living room and master bedroom). (Condo is 10 yrs old and wires don't look like they have been used).

It appears that speaker cable has been run from a central point to 2 speaker plates in each of these two rooms. I'm not concerned about the living room as this is where my receiver currently is...but I'm intrigued by what I can do in my master bedroom.

Putting speakers up is the easy thing...but what can I use to control the AVR (i.e., music source, volume) from the other end of the house? (there is no evidence of any CAT 5 or anything like that being run to the house).

Any ideas on this?

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
If your AVR has support for a second zone (powered or un-powered) you're mostly done. Just need an RF remote, or convert any universal to RF using the NextGen remote repeater:

http://www.amazon.com/Next-Generatio...2163254&sr=1-1

A fancier solution could include a Sonos unit, too...

If your AVR doesn't have a 2nd zone output (or has an un-powered zone 2 line output), easiest way to add that (rather than replace the AVR) is to simply buy any inexpensive stereo receiver and hook up the source(s) to both receivers.

Hope that helps,

Jeff

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.