AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the simplist method to save a 2-disc movie (or flipper) on my hard drive so that it plays continuously as a single movie (not 2 titles)? I can partially do this with DVD Shrink, but the movie is saved into 2 separate titles.

·
Registered
406 Posts
check out some of the guides on doom9 . they have many guides for this. might want to check out the ifoedit section of thier forum.

i think the general idea is to rip all the vobs, then use ifo edit to build a new ifo file. more details should be over there.

k

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have the same question but using the described method leaves you with multiple titles, which while they will auto transition from one to the other I would rather have just one title.

I have used the latest version of DVD Shrink 3.0 (beta 5) to rip Pearl Harbor to my HD, I now have 2 titles.

I know they will play back without user intervention but I would rather have only 1 title since its 1 movie, etc.. And have chapters 1 thru 46 vise title 1 with 32 chapters and title 2 with 14 chapters.

I have seen a number of posts and guides on combining multiple DVDs onto 1 movie but nothing specific to merging 2 titles into 1...

Some people referenced an IFOEdit guide but all the links to it are dead......

·
Central Scrutinizer
8,301 Posts
Quote:
I have used the latest version of DVD Shrink 3.0 (beta 5) to rip Pearl Harbor to my HD, I now have 2 titles.
Yes, that will happen if you use Shrink, but it will still play back just fine as you have duly noted.

If you must convert the 2 discs into one title, then follow these steps:

1. Rip disc 1 into its own directory using SmartRipper

2. Rip disc 2 into its own directory also using SmartRipper.

3. Rename the .VOBs in the disc 2 directory so that they continue where disc 1 left off.

4. Move (not copy) the files from disc 2 into the disc 1 directory.

5. Delete any and all .IFO and .BUP files in the disc 1 directory.

6. Open IfoEdit 0.95 and then hit the button marked "Create IFOs".

7. Select "Create 1 PGC only", "Create chapter for each cell" and "Same as source".

8. Set "1st VOB of Title-set" by Brousing to the first .VOB of the new complete set of .VOBs that you have just created and hit "open".

9.Hit "OK' and IfoEdit will now create a new set of IFOs and BUPs to make your 2 disc movie work.

The chapters will be the correct size, but they will continue in number from disc 1 to disc 2. Make sure that you don't have any more than 10 VOBs in the complete set or your new movie will freeze on you when it gets to the 11th VOB.

***Edit: Oops, the new chapter structure may or may not be the same as the original depending on if there were more cells than chapters or if the number of cells is the same as the chapters. The new structure will create a new chapter point for each cell.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Not sure if this will help, but Zoom Player have this function called "play next file in dir (when current file is done). I have all my movies (.avi, .mpg, or vob) in it's own folder, so regardless how many file it has, ZP will play the next movie in the dir for me automatically.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Bob,

Worked great, thanks. And yeah the chapters got restructured now there are 72 total..... But not a big deal. Now it transitions without any pause or gap at all.

Actually I tried it from both a SmartRipper rip and a DVDshrink rip and both worked fine.

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.