AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Yea, that's the best looking LCD I've ever seen for sure.

Too bad the green "panel" has burn on it. :)

That guy sure gets a lot of fixer uppers.

Troy

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
OMG! You can see the brown in the photo when the tube is lit! I can't believe that someone would call that merely "noticeable"...

Check out 3048684047 - it's compatible with the Home & Garden television network....

Later,

Bill

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Hey, at least it's not one of those ones where the buyer says "Light wear, 10,000 hours left no problem!!" when all 3 tubes are crispy.

I wonder how it looks... On the bright side, isn't green one of the colors that is least noticeable when it gets burned? I know it's the brightest tube in the proportions, but like when the blue goes, the whites aren't any good, etc...

- David

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
When any of the three tubes go white isn't any good. Also since green provides 60% of the light for the picture, how is this thing going able to make a picture even in a lightcontrolled room?

Can you say 'New tubes?'

Chris.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
"When any of the three tubes go white isn't any good"

Huh?

A white tube is your friend. A brown tube is bad... that is what you mean right? They are only not white if they have some fluid or other color filtering to them and that doesn't change with age generally at all.

You're right, green wear is very bad as it is the easiest for your eyes to focus on and makes up more of the picture that your eyes can actually see.

Troy

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I believe what Chris was saying is, "When any of the three tubes go [insert comma], white [on the screen] isn't any good."

Which answers my question. :)

- David

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Yes, sorry for the bad punctuation. There was supposed to be a comma there.

Chris.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Also, unless you like your white a distinct PINK, green, IMHO, is the tube which produces the MOST noticable picture degradation. Its VERY diifficult for me to accept pinkish whites, and that is what happens when your green shows more wear than blue and red. I even prefer all three to have even proportional wear, making white kind of a dingy off white, than the damn pink white of a disproportionately worn green.

I once had a Sony D50 whose tubes ALL showed heavy, heavy wear. The blue and green were a deep chocolate brown, and the red was distinctly, and proportionately worn. BUT, as long as you kept the raster within the worn area, it still made a pretty good looking picture because the wear was even. After watching it for a while, you kind of forgot that the white was alot closer to yellow than white, and the colors were still fine.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Even with the wear, this would go head to head with any LCD which is what it is advertised as. Therefore, I hold true the statement.

That this is the Best LCD ever.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.