AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched and can't find the answer to this. What exactly does it mean for the newer recievers that have 2 HDMI outputs that offer simultaneous outputs (Like the new Yamaha rx-a1010).

for example. Does it just mean you can watch the same thing on two TV's/Monitors at the same time? Or can you watch Input 1 on TV A, and Input 2 on TV B at the same time?

What is this feature most used for?

Thanks

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
It means you can send one signal to a display for video and another to a receiver for audio. Its primary use is for people who have a 3D player and TV with an AVR that doesn't pass 3D. Having two HDMI outputs gives them 3D video and lossless audio.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIslander /forum/post/20848892

It means you can send one signal to a display for video and another to a receiver for audio. Its primary use is for people who have a 3D player and TV with an AVR that doesn't pass 3D. Having two HDMI outputs gives them 3D video and lossless audio.

Uh... no. The OP mentioned 2 hdmi outputs on the AVR, not on the source (eg, blu-ray).

The two outputs would allow you to send the signal to 2 displays (in most cases, the same signal). This is convenient for folks who have a tv and a projector, for example.

·
Registered
12,372 Posts
Keep in mind the following..

That for the RX-A1010 even though it has (2) HDMI outputs:
1. There are no HDMI control features (such as ARC or CEC) with HDMI 2 Out, only HDMI Out 1
2. Since both HDMI Outs are essentially connected in parallel, but the resolution spec will be that of the lowest. For example, if 1 display is 1080p and the other is 480p the signal to both displays will be 480p.

Just my $0.02...

·
Registered
1 Posts
2 devices in single display

Hi,

I am looking for a solution quite a long time now. I want to play 2 HDMI in single display (TV signage display or projector). For ex: we have HDMI AVR and a satellite set top box or a laptop. What i want to do is, on 1 portion of the screen i want to play HDMI set top box and on the other side i want to connect laptop and do screen mirroring, another side i would like to connect AVR. The 3 tasks should be visible in the screen single time without interchanging. Is there any solution for this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.