AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking into my first blu-ray player and from what i've read i'd have to use an HDMI cable to watch upscaled dvds with it, which may be a problem...

my tv has no analog audio out. i run my audio into a stereo system instead of using tv speakers, which i've done by splitting the audio and video plugs of component cables to go to the tv and stereo separately. obviously i can't do the same with HDMI, and since my tv has no usable audio out, once that audio reaches the tv it's there to stay.

the blu-ray player itself should still have analog audio outputs, so i can still connect to my stereo using those while using the HDMI to connect the video to the tv. the question is, if i have the tv connected by HDMI will a signal still be output through the analog out on the player? or do most players only output in either a digital or analog signal at one time?

i assume both outputs on the player will work at once, i just don't want to find out the hard way after spending on a blu ray player that it doesn't.

·
One-Man Content Creator
25,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by romulux /forum/post/18175848

i assume both outputs on the player will work at once, i just don't want to find out the hard way after spending on a blu ray player that it doesn't.

I know that both OPPO models do this but I haven't kept up on other brands.

I would have thought this would be a common feature, but people are always asking about it, so it must be a problem with some players.

-Bill

·
Registered
5,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by romulux /forum/post/18175848

I've never heard of a player that can't be configured to provide video from one output and audio from a different one. I know personally that this is true of Sony players, Oppo players, and the PS3.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi everybody,

Does anyone know some players that can ouput HD audio (i.e. Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio) over HDMI and send simultaneously DTS or DD over the Digitat out?

Thanks,

Germain

·
One-Man Content Creator
25,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germain /forum/post/18855465

Hi everybody,

Does anyone know some players that can ouput HD audio (i.e. Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio) over HDMI and send simultaneously DTS or DD over the Digitat out?

Thanks,

Germain

I think that is pretty common these days. I know the OPPOs do but I have not kept up with the other models.

-Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts