AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a zone setup to record anything with "motorcycle racing" in either the title or the description. I noticed this weekend that there were two shows on different channels at the same time. It appears the ReplayTV selects the first channel (e.g., if the channels are 28 and 68, it will record the program on channel 28) - how can I prioritize the channel?

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
make it a show-based, guaranteed recording to be 100% sure

or

even a non-guaranteed show-based or guaranteed/non-guaranteed theme-based should take priority over a zone recording

(i think this is correct, i don't use zones)

·
Registered
202 Posts
If you just care about which channel it is not possible without the suggestions mark gave above. The only correction if you use theme based with the same name you said it will not change anything. If two shows are possible you still have no choice of which one to tape.

·
Registered
127 Posts
A similar recording question guys. Last night I searched for Enterprise via the Search command on the main menu and told my 4532 to record all episodes of Enterprise on channel X on everyday of the week. When I look at the ReplayGuide entry for this recording, it says all episodes will be recorded on channel X on any day from 7pm - 8pm. The 7pm - 8pm is what has me confused. Will the unit only record Enterprise during this timeslot on channel X or will it record Enterprise in any timeslot on this channel?

I want the 2nd functionality. What I am worried about is I didn't setup the recording correctly for the unit to catch when they do 2 hour Enterprise episodes or if the show gets pre-empted and shown at another time/day (i.e. like when my local UPN station rebroadcasts the show at 1pm on Saturdays).

·
Registered
6,490 Posts
Yes, that's the way it works. It'll record in the 7-8PM slot and the adjacent program slots on either side, allowing for slight time shifts. If you're the belt and suspenders type, you can set up both a show-based channel AND a theme channel.

And stop worrying ;)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
There are basically two types of repeating recordings:

Theme: records matching shows at any time on any station.

Show-based: records the specific show on the specific station at the same time every day. You can use More Options to limit it to specific days, and it will automatically adjust to slight changes in time.

There's no "any time on a specific station" or "specific time on any station" capability.

·
Registered
127 Posts
With the Show-based recordings, will it pickup the full length of an extended show as long as it starts within the one time slot ahead or behing deal? As an example, if Enterprise is bumped from 1 hour to 2 hours in length, but still starts at 7pm, will the show-based option record the full two hours?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kcobra
With the Show-based recordings, will it pickup the full length of an extended show as long as it starts within the one time slot ahead or behing deal? As an example, if Enterprise is bumped from 1 hour to 2 hours in length, but still starts at 7pm, will the show-based option record the full two hours?
Yes, and if you had something else scheduled to record (on a different channel) at 8pm, you will lose it, without warning..

That's why tv_check alerts you to program length (and the resulting conflicts)

Robert

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.