AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an outdoor wireless speaker (AR AW811) and would like to hook it up to my Sony A/V unit (HT-DDW740) so that I can get sound from the outdoor speaker and from the main unit's speaker at the same time. Presently, I am simply hooking the transmitter into the front panel headphone jack, this allows only the outdoor speaker to play. I do have a male rca "Y" adapter cable but do not have an audio output that just will transmit anything playing from the receiver. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
Just did a Google search to try to find the specs on that HTIB, but couldn't find any diagram of the rear of the receiver. Is there no "tape out" or other RCA type output jack that you could connect the transmitter to? If no, then the headphone jack may be the only choice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a "tape out" rca output jack, but would that carry the sound from a digital input (cable box, dvd) to the wireless speaker outside? If so, that would work, I just wasnt sure what the "tape output" was for. Also, is there anyway to bypass the receiver cutting off the system speakers when headphones are plugged in?

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossx20
There is a "tape out" rca output jack, but would that carry the sound from a digital input (cable box, dvd) to the wireless speaker outside? If so, that would work, I just wasnt sure what the "tape output" was for. Also, is there anyway to bypass the receiver cutting off the system speakers when headphones are plugged in?
For your last question, yes, but not the way you want.

You have to hook a headphone amp to the preouts on the back of your preamp. The amp is not wired to power both speakers and "speaker b" (in your case, the headphones) at the same time.

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossx20
Assuming your wireless speaker works in a similar way to the A/V transmitter/reciever I bought from Radio Shack, the tape out should pass any signal that is going through the receiver.

For example, I have a system in my bedroom. I have the Radio Shack transmitter connected there. It transmits A/V to a small TV in the kitchen so I can mirror whatever is playing in the bedroom in the kitchen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.