AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it worth buying on DVD? I don't goto the theators but the TV commercials looked great!! B&W, action heros, special effect and super powers too. So those who saw it, is it worth getting on DVD. I'm an uber sci-fi geek but hate wasting money on bad scifi (Van Helsing) DVDs.

You thoughts discussed here:

·
Registered
412 Posts
I saw this three times in the theaters and will DEFINITELY be getting this on DVD when it comes out next Tuesday. It should look ridiculous on DVD and it's a great flick.

·
Registered
9,717 Posts
One of my favorite movies of all time. When I was reading the comics, they just screamed to be turned into a movie. This will be the crappy first release version, though. The special edition will have each story in it's entirety, without the cuts.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Wind
Is it worth buying on DVD? I don't goto the theators but the TV commercials looked great!! B&W, action heros, special effect and super powers too. So those who saw it, is it worth getting on DVD. I'm an uber sci-fi geek but hate wasting money on bad scifi (Van Helsing) DVDs.

You thoughts discussed here:
There is a better edition coming out later this year. This one is just a barebones edition. I am definately waiting for the special edition.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by royceb
There is a better edition coming out later this year. This one is just a barebones edition. I am definately waiting for the special edition.
Better because of what?? Directors Cut? Alternative ending??? Deleted Scenes??? - This would be worth a wait

Or just that behind the scences crap and voice commentary and how we did this shot and created these effects?? - This I could care less for unless really really board off my arse on a rainy afternoon.

Do which is it???

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Better because of what?? Directors Cut? Alternative ending??? Deleted Scenes??? - This would be worth a wait

Or just that behind the scences crap and voice commentary and how we did this shot and created these effects?? - This I could care less for unless really really board off my arse on a rainy afternoon.

So which is it??? And next time don't hint at the big secret just come out and say it. What are we writing cliff hangers into our posts now

to be continued.......

·
Registered
164 Posts
Quote:

So which is it??? And next time don't hint at the big secret just come out and say it. What are we writing cliff hangers into our posts now

to be continued.......
I thought the director's cut was common knowledge. Sorry to leave you hanging.

This is from IGN a while back where Rodriguez talked about what is in store for the Sin City DVD.

"Sin City is based on three graphic novels by Frank Miller (who also co-directed the project). For the feature film, Rodriguez and Miller tied the three books together so that they could flow together as one movie. For the DVD, however, viewers will have the option of watching the whole film together or watching each book separately as they appeared in the novels, complete with new footage"

I believe this article was written in April, when the original plan was to release one comprehensive DVD. That has changed and now two editions are planned.

http://www.dvdfanatic.com/news.php?id=05051110

·
Registered
28,092 Posts
Quote:
There are no super powers or science fiction, FYI. It's a comic book exaggerated film noir.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Quote:
I thought the director's cut was common knowledge. Sorry to leave you hanging.

This is from IGN a while back where Rodriguez talked about what is in store for the Sin City DVD.

"Sin City is based on three graphic novels by Frank Miller (who also co-directed the project). For the feature film, Rodriguez and Miller tied the three books together so that they could flow together as one movie. For the DVD, however, viewers will have the option of watching the whole film together or watching each book separately as they appeared in the novels, complete with new footage"

I believe this article was written in April, when the original plan was to release one comprehensive DVD. That has changed and now two editions are planned.

http://www.dvdfanatic.com/news.php?id=05051110
I read that and it only speculates that a DC will follow. There is also no mention of what any changes/additions would be as all the talk was about this current release.

I see no reason to wait 6 months for a speculated release and look forward to next week.

·
Registered
186 Posts
One of the best movies I've seen this year. It's just not a film you can wait for so you can get the special edition. I'll be waiting in line at BB 10 in the morning.

·
Registered
28,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Red
I read that and it only speculates that a DC will follow. There is also no mention of what any changes/additions would be as all the talk was about this current release.

I see no reason to wait 6 months for a speculated release and look forward to next week.
Yeah, where is that Spy Kids Director's Cut anyway?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Red

The IGN article mentions that there will be additional scenes and the option to watch each of the three stories on their own. I do not know if you read the books, but there is more story to be told in the movie. Enough story that, in my opinion, it is worth the wait.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I saw a commercial that stated that there will be different covers of the releases on the 16th. Which one will you get?

I have not seen the film but can't wait to see it. Any reviews of the dvd?

1 - 20 of 239 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.