AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first part was just factual information from a guy at the CEA. he mentioned that the average price of an HDTV is below $2,000, and that since 25% of households paid that much for their analog TV's it shouldn't be a big step to pay that for a digital tv.

The segment didn't have any FOX Widescreen or Sinclair rhetoric. Though they promised to tell us whether Digital TV is worth the money, or (and I quote) "If it is the grinch that stole Christmas" in part 2 tomm. night.

Whatever the hell that means.

Needless to say I have a bad feeling about this.

Anyone else who saw this, feel free to add anything important I may have missed, I have a feeling it aired on all Sinclair Affiliates with news programs.

·
Registered
A Samsung 65" QLED UHD TV... Onkyo AV Receiver... Polk Audio Surround Sound Speakers...
1,166 Posts
I saw the promo that this story would be on their 10pm newscast, but instead I chose to watch NBC butcher the last 15 minutes of ER in HD.

·
Registered
627 Posts
This is strange because my Sinclair owned Fox affiliate here in Oklahoma City contacted me today saying that they are doing a 3 part special on DTV. They asked me if I could be interviewed from the consumer point of view.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The Sinclair owned FOX station in Columbus WTTE had a piece on last night and I just caught the very last part of it. What I did hear was a joke.

They said how difficult it is to pick up a digitial signal and you may never know if you are in the right area to pick it up. So you have to spend hundreds of dollars on a STB and you might not be able to get anything when you do.

The guy interviewed (I did not catch his name) said that the Government was expecting everyone to say WOW I want one when they see HDTV but no one is saying that.

What idiots.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JOprandi
They said how difficult it is to pick up a digitial signal and you may never know if you are in the right area to pick it up. So you have to spend hundreds of dollars on a STB and you might not be able to get anything when you do.
That's why I make it my business to periodically call each and every engineering dept. so they know 1) people are watching and 2) that I'm getting the signal from 60+ miles away. Most of the time, they are very pleasent to talk with and ask questions about my setup.

·
Registered
778 Posts
How many of our fellow Americans are sitting at home watching SD on their HDTV's, thinking, "It's not much better than regular TV, but it's bigger."

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by richardg
How many of our fellow Americans are sitting at home watching SD on their HDTV's, thinking, "It's not much better than regular TV, but it's bigger."
According the most recent survey, over 20% of those with digital cable TV. Amazing.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Guess there is no limit to teh bs they will pass off as news for their cuase. Too bad in the long run it won't matter in the least... ;) And they will be exposed for the decentful and basis idiots they are.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.