AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A large door in my rear wall makes putting 2 speakers on it difficult. I wonder if a single Polk LsiFx would do for a single rear channel speaker (the rest of my speakers are Lsi's too).

Here's a picture of the LsiFx:

If that doesn't work, here's a link to the picture:

http://www.polkaudio.com/home/produc...25&speaker=163

These can be run in either bipole or dipole mode.

Thanks,

MIKE

·
Registered
40 Posts
Personally, I think this seems like a VERY good solution, even if you were not restrained in your choice due to the door. Personally, I have Klipsch Reference series, and I plan on changing my setup over to 6.1 by installing 2 RB3's on the side walls, and 1 RS3 on the rear wall in the back. I''ll sell the other RS3 that I am using for 5.1 right now. My room is similarly limited, being a Living Room as well, in what I can fit in it and where I can put speakers on the walls.

The Bipole rear speaker would fire in phase but not directionally straight ahead, which I think would likely eliminate the single center rear speaker sound issue, in which sound coming from directly behind sounds as though it's coming from the front. I think it'll work fine.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My prior Paradigm surrounds fired out the sides, which I didn't think would work, but with the Polk's drivers angled the way they are, I thought it might be a good solution. The Polk surrounds are sold in pairs only, so I may post an invitation for another LSi owner to split a pair with me.

My DVD-A/SACD player should be here tomorrow. It's a real shame I have to waste 8 hours a day working when I have so many toys to play with.

MIKE

·
Registered
363 Posts
Daniel Kumin of Sound & Vision magazine reported that he's had great success using a single bipole speaker for the back surround channel.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Hey Mike, nice system! Do you post over at the Polk Audio forum too? They might have some good input there as well. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.