AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anywhere to get single copies of trilogies released on blue ray, movies like the matrix, and the godfather, I only want the 1st movies. I dont want to pay 80 dollars canadian for two additional movies. Also with the bourne series I have supremacy on hd dvd I would only want to purchase the other 2.

Is there anywhere to get individual copies of these, or am i stuck purchasing trilogies I wont watch.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Sooner or later they all show individually, or in some cases they go that way first (thankfully Pirates of the Carribean did, LOTR is also coming as individuals before any set as far as I know as well), just depends - and there is always someone selling them on ebay, so you could check there...I only wan't the second SpiderMan flick on Blu Ray and Sony doesn't show any signs of making that happen soon, so EF 'em, I have to wait as well because I also refuse to buy the stuff I don't like, same goes for the first Matrix, patiently waiting...

And the first Matrix is coming soon as a 10th anniversary release - it will sell well! =)

·
Registered
735 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murilo /forum/post/15569561

Is there anywhere to get single copies of trilogies released on blue ray, movies like the matrix, and the godfather, I only want the 1st movies. I dont want to pay 80 dollars canadian for two additional movies. Also with the bourne series I have supremacy on hd dvd I would only want to purchase the other 2.

Is there anywhere to get individual copies of these, or am i stuck purchasing trilogies I wont watch.

when you buy a book do you read the first chapter and rip out the others?

·
Registered
4,478 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dargo /forum/post/15602749

When the first chapter has closure and the other chapters suck? Yeah.

I can't imagine not wanting Godfather 2, but I certainly understand not wanting Matrix 2 or 3.

·
Registered
133 Posts

Quote:

That's not a close analogy in any sort of way. One chapter of a book does not equal one movie in a trilogy. Each movie of the trilogy is it's own story, that in some way moves along a larger story.

The proper analogy would be to say you only buy 1 book in a series and the answer would be yes.

Specially with something like the Matrix. It was painfully obvious that it was meant to be 1 movie, and that the last two were tacked on as cash runs. I mean there's so many plot holes and other problems its crazy. Plus they were just painfully bad movies. IMHO the 2nd and 3rd matrix movies don't even exist, the same way there is no Godfather 3.

·
Premium Member
24,469 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnpv /forum/post/15644076

That's not a close analogy in any sort of way. One chapter of a book does not equal one movie in a trilogy. Each movie of the trilogy is it's own story, that in some way moves along a larger story.

The proper analogy would be to say you only buy 1 book in a series and the answer would be yes.

Specially with something like the Matrix. It was painfully obvious that it was meant to be 1 movie, and that the last two were tacked on as cash runs. I mean there's so many plot holes and other problems its crazy. Plus they were just painfully bad movies. IMHO the 2nd and 3rd matrix movies don't even exist, the same way there is no Godfather 3.

Ahh no the Matrix even when it finished I knew there was going to be a sequel because we wanted to see how the One was going to change things. We wanted to see Zion as mentioned in the first.

·
Registered
5,428 Posts

Quote:

Do you automatically buy every sequel to any movie you like, forever, regardless of its quality?

·
Registered
785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdclark /forum/post/15644399

Do you automatically buy every sequel to any movie you like, forever, regardless of its quality?

Although not directed at me, I think a lot of people do. Or at least they keep on lining up in droves to see them in theaters.

Hollywood counts on the sheep to keep pumping money into all the crap sequels they keep releasing. This is why I rejoice whenever I hear about a writers' strike, or a looming actors' strike....a brief respite from more crap!

·
Registered
133 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin /forum/post/15644112

Ahh no the Matrix even when it finished I knew there was going to be a sequel because we wanted to see how the One was going to change things. We wanted to see Zion as mentioned in the first.

Just because you wanted to see how things were going to change, doesn't mean the writers and directors wrote the ending with sequels in mind. IMHO they didn't at all. The ending to the first Matrix very much felt like, that's all the story we have to tell. One of those let the viewer imagine how things would end. Considering all the ridiculous plot holes, and contradictions between the first Matrix movie, and the second 2, I think it supports my idea that sequels were an after thought.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I would have rather been left wondering what Zion looked like than have to be subjected to that underground rave scene.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts