AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently in the process of deciding which sub(s) to upgrade to. I have decided to go with SVS as opposed to other ID manufactures like Outlaw, Epik, etc after doing months and months of research. Please do not post suggestions for other manufacture's subs
. I cannot spend more than ~1300 dollars shipped on this purchase so the Ultra isnt an option.

I am looking to hear some opinions on if it would be better to purchase dual PB12-NSD's or a single PB-12+ . I have heard that with duals you will get a cleaner response throughout and less of a dead zone. This is of interest to me as my setup is less than ideal and I dont think any of my current seating is (or can be) moved into the "sweet spot".

Dual PB-12NSD's would run me ($599+$60 shipping)*2 for about $1318 while a single PB-12+ would run me $1149 + $99 shipping for $1248.

All my equipment is listed below:

Reciever: Integra DTR-5.9 (does not have dual sub outputs so would have to run a splitter to do duals)

Components: Xbox360, Xbox, Wii, Samsung BP-1600, Uverse reciever

Speakers:
ModelLocationWattageImpedanceEfficiencyLower -3dB LimitUpper -3dB LimitFrequency Response
Polk T90eFronts20 - 200 w/channel8 ohms90 dB48Hz24kHz38Hz - 25kHz
Polk CS2Center20 - 175 w/channel8 ohms90 dB60Hz24kHz55Hz - 25kHz
Polk R50'sSurrounds20 - 150 w/channel8 ohms90 dB50Hz20kHz40Hz - 24kHz
Polk PSW125Sub300 watts34 Hz dB32Hz-225Hz

Here is the layout of my apartment along with the speakers. *Please note* I do NOT have the fireplace in my layout, it was optional and I didnt want it. I also have 9ft ceilings. Also the couch is a little bit farther forward (covers half the sliding glass door).

·
Registered
623 Posts
I asked SVS the same question. The dual NSD's will give you a flatter response and have more output.

I ended up going with option C, an Epik Empire, but I was heavily leaning towards the PC12 plus over the dual NSDs. The newer woofer, PEQ, and tuning capabilities made it very attractive. I figure I could always add another one down the road if the single wasn't enough. But if you have absolutely no inclination to upgrade later, than two NSD's might be best as it should be flatter and provide more output.

Again this is based on my email exchange with SVS and user comments, I have no actual experience wither either sub.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.